Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Orge and Mod Makers alike...question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Radical_Manuvr on 01-05-2001 08:33 PM
    Alpha, I've been working on my scenario stuff almost all day and my brain is overloaded. I might be at a point to work on the natural disaster thing by Sunday, but I'm not an SLIC expert so it could be anywhere from an hour to a few days before I have something, assuming nobody else gets to it first. I don't remember who posted it but that x-y code looks like a good start.

This would be wonderful. I'm going to be tied up most of the weekend working so any help I get is extremely appreciated

------------------
    History is written by the victor.

Comment

From the units that I see the barbarians pump out now, they get all the advances of the civ that they took the city from. I also gave them a 25% science, so they will find some on their own, but I should probably build a barbarian science list too.

Locutus, thank you. Debugging SLIC i can probably do. Wrting it from scratch and getting all the syntax right, I'm not so good at.

------------------

Comment

Radical,
        Great to see you're picking this up. If you have any problems, don't hesitate to contact me (by email or forums, whatever you prefer). I might not have time to actually program and test this whole thing, but I don't have a problem with giving some advise here or there or pointing people in the right direction.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Radical i do hope that by the time you read this you will have found out if the AI was actually building the stealth units on a regular basis. i've noticed something in my current game. the barbarians have disappeared!! they STILL have 1 city, but they are not producing anything in that city that i'm aware of. i have 4 spies near the city and with their vision distance i'd be able to see ANYTHING that would walk out. what i feared would happen, did happen. the barbarian AI, builds up enough units to fill all the unit slots in the city and then can't build anymore. since i have not altered the build list (i'm not that good at that stuff yet), their city is filled with archers and hoplites. so annoyingly enough, though i modified the risks.txt list so that barbarians will stop appearing after turn 9999, they have stopped doing anything in my game altogether!! sigh...well i am indeed VERY happy that you, Alpha, and Locutus have been able to get so much done on this!!

Comment

Alpha, i have noticed that when you open the cheat menu, the risk setting tends to go from whatever you set it to (with me, VERY RISKY = oodles and hoards of barbaries) to the VERY SAFE setting which is HUTS ONLY. as for them popping up like dandilions, that happens alot BUT it seemed to stop suddenly. in the risks.txt, i set the max date to 9999 from 350. originally i set it to 0 but this resulted in no barbarians popping up EVER. if the game ends, come hell or high water, at 2300AD, then what is the total amount of turns possible for the game?? it may be that we'll have to change risks.txt to that number as opposed to 350 or in my case 9999.

Comment

Normally I remember to set the barbarians to my level when i use cheat, but I bet I forgot that game. Turn might not be all that important. As set originally, barbarians cant pop up within 5 tiles of a city. Since i've increased land movement slightly, i increased that to 7. also, i set barbarians to only use special units after marines so if they dont have the money to special attack then it wont make much sense to produce them. i'm still testing that theory as I've never played a game past 1200ad. always finding new things to test and i figure if it works early, it'll work later.

------------------

Comment

Alpha, i had thought about that money issue early on because it was also linked to what technology the barbarian AI could access. i had decided to see what the barbarian would do if i gave it $1000000 and 1000000 PW - needless to say, it bought everything it could until it could not build anymore defensive units and then switched over to building happiness structures. it used the PW to put farms and nets everywhere. that was it though. with the few infectors i gave it, it quite happily infected every 20+ it could find which on that particular continent was every greek city.

anyway since i have not set up a "build" list for the barbarians (except just tweaking what is there already) it is STILL building the annoying hoplites and archers...what did you do to allow it to build the units?

i'm glad that radical has set up a unit that will use the assassinate function. i do hope it works out great.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Martock on 01-08-2001 04:20 PM
                  anyway since i have not set up a "build" list for the barbarians (except just tweaking what is there already) it is STILL building the annoying hoplites and archers...what did you do to allow it to build the units?

I set up a few new unit build lists for the barbarians. One is defense (really all the offense units up to tank), one is offense (mobile up to tank). At the end of each of those, instead of continuing military units, i have it build special units only. what this does is allow them to be a military force until modern times, then they become exclusive terrorists. bad thing is that they wont be able to defend their cities after that. So I'll probably tweak that list as I get up to those years.

------------------

Comment

well alpha, the good news there is if we can get Wes to put our barbarian changes into the MOD then the militia triggers will compensate for the AI Stealth production change over in later years. it's just a matter of tweaking it some more i guess and getting with him.

Comment

i think barbarians stop getting produced based on the diffdb or risks file. I think its turn 350 right now. I too have noticed that on games that I just sit and watch that almost no barbarians are generated. Since they are designed to mostly harrass the human that actually makes sense. Once I start moving, they start popping up like dandilions. Somewhat annoying but might be the game's way of dealing with ultra active humans.

------------------

Comment

Any new news on this front?? alpha, have you been able to see if your new barbarian build lists were working correctly with regards to stealth units?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Martock on 01-13-2001 10:09 AM
                          Any new news on this front?? alpha, have you been able to see if your new barbarian build lists were working correctly with regards to stealth units?

I'm fairluy confident they'll work assuming the barbarians have the gold. The first unit was the slaver, and i saw a game last night that had slvers running around like crazy. I also saw some barbarian founded cities with the little slave symbol on them so they slave ok, which means they should do everything else too I still never get to gunpowder before i find something else that needs optimizing.

------------------

Comment

EXCELLENT!! i'm glad to hear that it knows how to use the slaver and do so effectively!!....now if we can just get it to use eco-rangers, etc!!

Comment

Working...
                            X