Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What good thread will let me modify my game files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What good thread will let me modify my game files?

What I would like to know is what thread can I use to adjust my game files. I mean without reading a hole bunch of theads. Just one or two threads that will give me alot of modifactions.

Is there a site that I can go to to adjust my files, or do I have to read every thread for every possible modifaction.

Thanks for help

Davor

Are you looking for what .txt files can modify what as I am working on creating a list of all the .txt files with what they modify.I sent the start of it to mark for him to post i'll be increasing it soon.
    What are you trying to modify?

------------------
    " mind over body "
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

If you want to change the ai most files for this can be found in D:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\aidata or C: drive whatever you use. for unit editing and creating new units thes are the files to edit:
      sounds.txt
      spriteID.txt
      Units.txt
      Units_historic.txt
      Units_release.txt
      gl_str.txt
      Great_Library.txt
      tut_str.txt
      Unless you can find new sprites CTP1 ones work and are still in the ctp2 sprite folder then you'll have to use the ones already there as no sprite editor has been found yet.
      for wonders wonder.txt in D:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata can be used to edit or create new ones maybe (haven't tried yet )
      By the way all the .ldl files canh be edited using notepad.

Post anything you want to edit here i'll look in again sometime.

------------------
      " mind over body "
      [This message has been edited by Darkknight (edited January 02, 2001).]
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

HI Darknight. thanks for responding. I would like to adjust the ai if possible and make new units when I get the time. I wunder what files would be the best to adjust. Is there a way to make wonders of the world or feats of the world also? I just think the wonders of the world should expire. there is too many that dont expire.

Davor

Comment

Working...
        X