This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make AI consider Naval Power?

Currently, the AI seems to think Naval power consists soley of building transports. I remember this was a serious problem in CTP1. Anyone found a way to get the AI to do something with Naval units? So far I've been pretty much sailing my SOL's around unchecked, which is sad. Oh, and it never builds submarines, and other naval units.

Also, if I give bombard land to SOL's and Ironclads, will the AI know to use it or not? How can I make it do so? I remember in CTP1 the AI would never bombard anything with its ships. Very odd.

In CtP1, i was always getting bombarded by single ships. Good thing for me they never bombarded with multiple ships as many of my cities took heavy damage from the one.

------------------
    History is written by the victor.

Comment

the computer will build boats of the attack variety, i did not have submarines yet and my fleet of SOL and ironclads was eventually sunk by a continous barrage of submarines, and there were a few stray battleships bombarding my frontier cities until i rebuilt a fleet of battleships myself. i'm not certain why it does this, but eventually the large majority of its ships are eventually carriers and troop ships, and no submarines or battleships, or at least few of them if any. i've no idea why this is, but at least at some point it does build ships. ..(on hard, computer was facist and at the time slightly more advanced, although that didn't last long. .)

Comment

Working...
      X