AI avoids huts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI avoids huts???

Has anyone noticed that the AI units avoid the huts? I even tried to lead a unit right into one and it still went around it. And frequently I'll find civs that have huts right next to their cities.

Has anyone seen any indicators that tells the AI to avoid huts? If so, lets turn them off.

------------------
    History is written by the victor.

I've seen the AI walk into huts, so they don't avoid them. I think its more of a case of them not caring whatsoever to seek them out, so the only way they'll find them is pure luck. Some other mission a unit is carrying out has it happen to walk over a hut. Probably not fixable by us, what a shame.

Comment

Yeah, it seems silly to see a fortified AI unit between 2 huts, or a the other day when I found 4 huts within their borders. Seemed like in CtP1, that finding huts was a goal of the AI.

------------------

Comment

The goody hut priority is set "really" low in the strategies.txt, so I have no doubt that the AIs will not enter them if they have anything else affecting their decisions. I have changed this dramatically for the Med mod.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I up it drastically also and now the AI goes right after the huts. So getting even more too easy when I was getting all the huts.

------------------

Comment

It might be my imagination or paranoia but later in the game when the AI has not taken a goodie hut it has been my misfortune to find that they are loaded with barbarians. However, I do usually play with marauding barbarians.
            Then again, it could just be me.....

Comment

i know in the games i play they usually head straight for them as soon as they build units and are not under and threat or invading someone

Comment

I've noticed too that huts remaining late in the game tend to be barbarians also. But thats not always bad if the barbarians are close to AI cities

------------------

Comment

In aidata\strategies.txt you'll see

GoalElement { Goal GOAL_GOODY_HUT Priority 450000 MaxEval 10 MaxExec 3 }

repeatedly. I raise the default to 450000 in most cases. Not so high that its the top priority, but now they wont ignore them. i still occasionally find a hut the AI bypassed but not nearly as often. Not sure what the maxeval and maxexec are.

This is a really interesting file as it tells the AI its priorities. I've played around alittle with it but not as much as I should.

------------------

Comment

Alpha,

Could you post your setting, so us 'brain-impaired' players know what to do and where to change it?

Thanks
                    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
                    X