Huge Map of Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Map of Europe

Why does it take so long for u guys to make a good map of Europe?? And why does this soud like I am an "§$%§%$§%$"??
    Is anybody doing that right now???

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Kreisky (edited December 14, 2000).]</font>

I am currently making what should be a wonderful map of Europe based on the Harlan Europe Image.

It is coming along and I should have it done in the next few days.

Believe me, it will be worth the wait! It's dimensions are approximately:

15 degrees West Longitude: West of Ireland
    42 degrees East Longitude: Caspian Sea
    32 degrees North Latitude (south edge): At Thebes on Nile with Sinai
    62 degrees North Latitude: (north edge) Includes all of Scandinavia and Iceland

Now I must finish grading student papers before I get to the more pressing task of working on the map.

------------------
    'Blood will run'
    'Blood will run'

Comment

I've completed a map of Europe, West Asia, Eastern North America and Mid-Africa on a large scale... the specs to be exact are

90W/90E/90N/15S

it's found with most other maps that have been created on my website...

Omni

and just on another note... why do you expect us to create a map for you... if you would like anything else you might wish to change tone with your questions... we are here to improve the game, not to meet your desire...
      [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited December 13, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by OmniGod on 12-13-2000 11:58 AM
        I've completed a map of Europe, West Asia, Eastern North America and Mid-Africa on a large scale... the specs to be exact are

90W/90E/90N/15S

it's found with most other maps that have been created on my website...

Omni

and just on another note... why do you expect us to create a map for you... if you would like anything else you might wish to change tone with your questions... we are here to improve the game, not to meet your desire...
        [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited December 13, 2000).]

Thanks for pointing that our old buddy!!
        Troll here Thanks you as well as all other that are more affluent who take time to come to the window and throw crumbs of information we peasants can ingest!
        For if you threw out the whle loaf of bread we would choke..unable to digest all that information!!
        BTW..Keep up Great Work!
        Troll
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I second the thanks to everyone that makes mods, and maps or anything else to make the game better. i always feel quilty because by the time I come upon a problem, someone has already figured it out and rarely do I have anything new to contribute.

Keep up the good work

------------------
          History is written by the victor.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Kreisky on 12-13-2000 10:46 AM
            Why does it take so long for u guys to make a good map of Europe??
            that's what i call politely asking if someone has done free work for you...

Comment

Hmm...
              I didnt want it to look like i am not satisfied with ur work, because I am. Sorry guys if I asked my question the wrong way, because I didnt want it to look like I am not thankful for ur work. I tried doing the map myself and now I understand why it takes so long doing a map that is perfect (or nearly perfect).
              The reason i need the map that quickly is because I will present the game on TV and I´d like to have a map where Vienna could flourish, and thats only possible in a huge map

[This message has been edited by Kreisky (edited December 14, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Kreisky on 12-14-2000 09:18 AM
                The reason i need the map that quickly is because I will present the game on TV and I´d like to have a map where Vienna could flourish, and thats only possible in a huge map
                try taking the world map(any of the availiable) and do a scenario without any civs which would be near vienna(e.g. no german, french, etc)....

Comment

Kriesky, if you want, I could send you a first final draft of the Grande Europe Map based on Harlan's image.

I've spent like 8 hours editing it and it's in good shape. Just need to let Harlan have a look and make changes he suggests before posting it somewhere.

BTW, where does one post these?

------------------
                  'Blood will run'
                  'Blood will run'

Comment

As a temporary post.. most maps and things have been passed on to me until Mark gets the apolyton one up... so if you'd like you can email it to me and I'll post it with credit to you.

pcouw@hotmail.com

Omni

Comment

To Mark:
                      Not a bad idea, but i`d like having Germany too, because conquering Germany is something I dreamed about a long time ;-)

Comment

Thanks Omni !

We'll pass these on to you when we get closure, probably in the next few hours or a day at most.

Two maps will be included:

Grande Map of Europe (200+ kb; gigantic scale)
                        L'Europe Petite (39kb; small scale)

------------------
                        'Blood will run'
                        [This message has been edited by Savant (edited December 15, 2000).]
                        'Blood will run'

Comment

To keep you posted, Harlan has sent a copy of the Grand Map of Europe to Markos so it should appear anytime.

I have sent a copy of the Petite Map of Europe to Omni so that he may post it on his site.

I also have a saved game for the Petite Map of Europe circa 1750 AD but have to figure a few things out like whether it can be saved as a scenario or if some other alternative exists to play it as a saved game. See, I slightly modified the original \gamedata files, like advances (the Fascism issue) and a few units. I suspect if someone played the game "as is" it would crash on a system with different \gamedata file info.

------------------
                          'Blood will run'
                          'Blood will run'

Comment

It's up.. come and get it

Omni

Comment

Working...
                            X