Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combat Resoloution Engine vs. Randomness? and autosave's too!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Resoloution Engine vs. Randomness? and autosave's too!!!

Does anyone know the nuts and bolts of the conflict resoloution system? Specifically how random the results actually are... all of this stuff existed in ctp 1, but i never asked so here goes:

being a tweak about turn based games like this, i confess to pre-saving before executing important moves (i know, retreat fixes this, but this seems to hold true for stealth attacks too) and then analyzing the results.

at any rate, i have found that if you follow the exact same sequence, you get the exact same results.... BUT if you change the order you can get different results... this seems to indicate there is a "random" seed based on the current game state... ????

after a full save try going back and re-doing whatever action you want. it ALWAYS comes up with the same results.

my example --

reality 1 -
    move 1 pikeman vs. archer. pikeman wins
    move 2 stack of 6 vs stack of 3 1 casualty.
    move 3 unrelated unit, clear orders

reality 2 --
    move 1 unrelated unit, clear orders
    move 2 stack of 6 vs stack of 3 0 casualty.
    move 3 pikeman vs. archer. pikeman LOSES!

reality 3 --
    move 1 pikeman vs. archer. pikeman winsa again
    move 2 unrelated unit, clear orders
    move 3 stack of 6 vs stack of 3 0 casualty.

now, autosaves:
    as these change each time as the next turn's state (riots, income, etc... are applied) it makes me wonder. maybe ai's move's dont follow the same logic, but they are saved into the autosave. barbarian unit's moves as well as potential slave revolts, etc.. ARE NOT.. so, loading an autosave game again will not get the exact same conflict results it seems. ?????

I am wondering about this as a way to potentially tweak the game in a new direction. a "luck" wonder. or potential a religious/spiritual system, whatever. or basically to elimintate the potential for abuse that this one loop hole affords.

===============
    give me a second to get straightened out
    ================
Working...
X