Minor Modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Modifications

Whoever heard of Facism in the Rennaisance? I modified the requirement for the Facist Advance by replacing Gunpowder and Theology advance requirements with Industrial Revolution and Mass Media advance requirements.

This makes more sense to me because with the second Industrial Revolution comes new military technology and with Mass Media, comes new avenues for a militaristic leader to appeal to the masses.

Another modification I made was moving the Machine Gunner up the technology tree and moving Ubran Planner down the technology tree. Now, the Machine Gunner requires the Mass Production advance and Urban Planner requires Industrial Revolution advance. I basically switched them around.

The reason for this is that the Machine Gunner did not come in the first half of the 19th century in widespread use and the Industrial Revolution allowed advanced colonial empires in the 19th century - enter Urban Planner.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

The Urban Planner/Machine Gunner makes sense, but there's a problem with the other one.

Fascism is (stupidly) a prerequisite of Nationalism, which you need to get Democracy. Doesn't that put the discovery of Democracy after a ton of other advances? Or did you change that too?
    You only live twice; when you are born, and again when you look death in the face.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Rollo Tomasi on 11-23-2000 10:00 AM
      The Urban Planner/Machine Gunner makes sense, but there's a problem with the other one.

Fascism is (stupidly) a prerequisite of Nationalism, which you need to get Democracy. Doesn't that put the discovery of Democracy after a ton of other advances? Or did you change that too?

I changed the requirements for Democracy to Age of Reason advance and Industrial Revolution advance. The changes in the Industrial Revolution brought oppression to the new working class - enter democracy!

Comment

Indeed disturbing news. I'd like to apply this changes to my game. Would you tell me which files need which modifications? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Starfighter08

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Starfighter08 on 11-24-2000 04:26 PM
          Indeed disturbing news. I'd like to apply this changes to my game. Would you tell me which files need which modifications? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Starfighter08

Here you are my fellow CTP II comrade!

The directoy for the files you probably want are under Call to Power II folder, then go to ctp2_data folder, then from there you go into the default folder and assess the gamedata folder. Enjoy!

Comment

Fun,

I need some help with some modification. I like to play with alot of civs on a huge map with tons of ocean, and alot of islands. but then it takes me 10 turns to move my navy anywhere.

what I want to do is change the movement points for naval units, double or triple them, or something.

I've found a file Units.txt, that looks like what I need to change, but when I change movement points what happens is:

In the great library, the new movemnet values are shown, but the actual units don't move any more. a coracles still moves only 2 spaces, while the great library says it can move 10.

any solutions?

Comment

You have a good point that I overlooked - when I made my modifications, I did not consider the Great Library text file! Thanks for enlightening me on that one.

About your question - I made my modifications in only the units text file and with the ones I increased movement, I still have to test it in a game. I will let you know.

BTW, I compiled a complete, alphabetized spreadsheet of my own to keep track of my modifications in almost all the aspects of the game (units, buildings, wonders, etc.) Each column is an aspect of the game, then the list below the column heading. I look forward to see what I can cook up.

So, do you know anything on how to place the civilizations of your choice on the maps you create?

Comment

Mog'Dug, did you start a new game after making your modifications? Modifications often only take effect when you start a new game.

Comment

yes, I did.

I'm wondering if there is more than one file I need to change. or if it's only units.txt

Comment

I don't know what would be causing that. If I have any problems with the Med mod II changes, I will let you know.

Comment

Hey Savant!

I e-mailed you my modifications spreadsheet as an attachement - hope you'll be able to utilize it. And remember that I warned you that I have not started a new game with my new modifications yet, but I hope I don't run into any technical problems.

Comment

Mr. Fun!!! Could you make that spreadsheet available to us? That would be great to have as I would like to make similar changes (I just got my CTP2 today!) and having the units and stuff in a spreadsheet would make it a lot easier!

my email is AE_Savant@yahoo.com or you can email me here at Apolyton: Savant.

OK, so now for the big install and look-see! Damn, will I get any work done this week?

------------------

'Blood will run'
                        'Blood will run'

Comment

Working...
                        X