Increase City Limits by Government?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase City Limits by Government?

How can I increase the numbers of cities "allowed" by a type of government? The default numbers are too small for a huge map with only 3 civs....

It's TooManyCitiesThreshold in default/gamedata/govern.txt.
    Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

Mr. Ogre,
      could you post some SLIC code that would make the TooManyCitiesThreshold dependant on the map size?
      Thanks,

David
      Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

There's no way to modify that from SLIC. But you could make a mod pack with 4 "scenarios", one for each map size, and put a different version of govern.txt in each.
        Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

Mr. Ogre,
          Thank you for your very prompt responses to this thread and the other one I started.

David
          Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mr Ogre on 11-22-2000 12:23 AM
            There's no way to modify that from SLIC.

True, but maybe it's possible to simulate it somehow. Having too many cities only affects happiness, right? In that case it should be possible to use the AddHappyTimer event or mod_CityHappiness function to increase or decrease happiness in the same amount that crossing the TooManyCitiesThreshold would, but make it depend on map size as well (g.mapheight and g.mapwidth can be used to determine mapsize). Can someone tell me if I'm overlooking something here? This is almost too easy

One question to Mr Ogre though: did the AddHappyTimer and mod_CityHappiness make it into the final game and do they work the way (I think) they should?
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
            X