Need help from you clever mod people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from you clever mod people!

Ok, I've found the first thing I really dont like about CTP II, the city names wrap around way too fast. Unlike previous game where it would switch to using the start of another nations cities, it just wraps around to the first and tacks a 1 on the end. Having to rename every city after 30 is a total pain, but there's no way I'm leaving it as "Glasgow1". Why when the top governments can control at least 60 cities did they only give each one 30 names!? I tried just expanding the list to 60 but that didn't work. There is some counter somewhere that tells it there are 30 names only. So I need some help from you guys that are expert at mod-ing, please.

How do you rename cities?
    You're civin' like a fool, but what about DaddyCool?

Comment

Easy; from the main map just right click on the city you want to rename and a list will come up. Rename city is towards the bottom

Comment

Harlan's graphics mod increased the number of cities in ctp1, so you could look at which files he altered to see how he did it. I can't remember off the top of my head.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Wes, but I deleted all of my CTP I stuff when I put in my new drive. I'll have to wait till he get back to me.

Comment

Well, I didn't have any problems with it. What you might have forgotten is that you need to change two files: civ_str.txt in the english\gamedata folder and civlization.txt in the default\gamedata folder. If you forget the first the game will probably ignore your changes and if you forget the second the game will probably crash to desktop while it's loading and give you a 'string not found in database' error (or something like that).
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Test

Comment

Test Again (just ignore me)

Edit: Woohoo, new profile, all happy again Sorry about the threadjacking
                [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited November 18, 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Locutus, I'm sure that was my problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X