No announcement yet.

WAR game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the one hand 8 players seem more fun, on the other hand that it slower. But I think 8 will do, as this game has an amazing quick starts and even the first turns will be interesing, even though slow.

------------------
    Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

OK - I'll go on pushing someone.

We need some players, that has no regrets backstabbing or fooling others.

Players, who will act as The Holy Saint Himself and the next as the Devil (got it - you know who)?

Players like a certain "king" of Zwolle - playing Dutch would also be attractive to this game.

Noble players, simple players, aggressive players.

WE NEED 2 OR 3 MORE.............

HELP!
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

let me get this right it is no longer a war game of teams, but a normal game with 8 players. If you ask me that sounds borring.

Comment

8 players: Yes.

A "normal" game: No.

With lots of settlers, advances and gold, I'm sure you will feel the game racing. You should be able to buy units in a - until now - unseen number.

As to fixed teams or alliances: I'll make the gamesettings as wanted. I'm still open for suggestions - I just want a game without the slow start.
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Well, I guess I'll get smashed. You're good players, having lots of units, while I am only poor Solver .

------------------

Comment

OK sonds great I'm in as the Vikings, If no one objects.

Comment

Sound good, I be either the Germans or the Americans if no one has caimed them yet.

Comment

I'll be Quinns of the Inca, if that's alright.

Let me know when you decide on the exact settings Birdman, so I can notify my Incan Planning Committee as soon as possible .

Solver, did you want to add Kralj Matjaz to our rating system? He said he's beaten King so that would make him an 18 rated player.

[This message has been edited by quinns (edited November 17, 2000).]

Comment

If you still have a space I'll play as the Russians in this one!

Comment

One more - then game will be launced tomorrow with info of all settings.

Gandhi

Comment

I'll take Egyptians then.

Comment

I have just playtestet the settings. It even better than I thought .

Here's some of the settings:

These 10 advances should all have:

ADVANCE_AGRICULTURE, ADVANCE_TOOLMAKING, ADVANCE_MINING, ADVANCE_BRONZE_WORKING, ADVANCE_STONE_WORKING, ADVANCE_WRITING, ADVANCE_GEOMETRY, ADVANCE_RELIGION, ADVANCE_BUREAUCRACY,
                          ADVANCE_ASTRONOMY.

From those 15 advances, all should have beweeen 0 and 10. In my test games, lowest was 2 and highest 9. Most get 4-6 advances.

ADVANCE_JURISPRUDENCE, ADVANCE_SHIP_BUILDING, ADVANCE_DOMESTICATION, ADVANCE_TRADE, ADVANCE_PHILOSOPHY, ADVANCE_MONARCHY, ADVANCE_IRON_WORKING, ADVANCE_CITY_STATE,
                          ADVANCE_THEOCRACY, ADVANCE_BANKING, ADVANCE_ENGINEERING, ADVANCE_ALCHEMY, ADVANCE_STIRRUP,
                          ADVANCE_CLASSICAL_EDUCATION, ADVANCE_HULL_MAKING.

20 settlers (take care of the happiness limit when settling (8 cities until you have a decent government) and what settler you use first (this will be your capitol).

250.000 gold.

No wonderrush before turn 5.

No aggressive act of war before turn 5.

Superlarge map.

Most islands.

Bararians in great number (I hope, I'm not sure the babarians will be active, because we already has 8 civs).

Gandhi

Comment

I will not be scenario creator, anyway. As for the civ, I take Mayans, and wait for the game to come. And, just a reminder: this game will be, of course, rated.
                            And, Barbarians will work, even though there are 8 civs. Not sure about what all the advances are (using German CTP), but I think we do get Theocracy.

------------------

Comment

Maya you will be then.

And no - I have the hole scenario ready now - I'm only missing one more.

Anyway - if I do not get the last player, I make no. 8 as Mr_temp and e-mail abc@nowhere.com. Then we have a few days to find out, who wants to be "Mr_temp" .

We need 8 players due to the map-size.

Gandhi

Comment

I recommend we set up an e-mail group with egroups.com to keep track of turn progress as this works very well with the dutcheese game.

Also is there any chance we could have the Scenario in advance for a test run. It only seems fair as TheBirdMan has played it and had problems with happiness, I don't want my cities to all turn red on me after 5 turns .

Comment

Working...
                                X