Online Game this Saturday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Game this Saturday.

Hey It's been a while since Ive played online (except in Shavlor's tourney).

So I was thinking there are alot of people on this forum. Surely some of them would be free this Saturday.

Everything below is negotiable:

Time: 1200 Apolyton Time (1600 GMT, 1700 BST)
    Map Size: Large or Gigantic
    Difficulty: Deity

Anyone interested?

P.S. Does Gameleague have active CTP players?
    [This message has been edited by Sophanthro (edited September 13, 2000).]

I could play, but unfortunately I have to go drop a friend at the airport. Tell you what, leave the server name and info on this thread, and keep dynamic join on with a Password, I'll come in and join you (yeah, I'll take over a AI civ) about 3 pm or so. ..

Let me know if you like the idea, if not, well.. maybe next friday then.
    King Thor

Comment

The time is negotiable. I picked 12 because it seemed like a good time for both Europeans and Americans. The time could be pushed back some. Im fine with Dynamic Joining, as it will only hurt you

Comment

Count me in Sophix.
        Let me know which Server you wish to use.
        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
        - Anon

Comment

Okay, let me know the game name, server and password, and I'll be joining you around 4 pm. for a couple of hours. The way I figure it, I could only make the civ harder to beat for you. .. I know it'll be a disadvantage for me, but I play the game for fun mostly, winning isn't the objective for me.
          King Thor

Comment

For the server I was thinking California 12.

OK King Thor, I'll leave the game Dynamically Joinable, and give you the password. It may start a little later than 12, depending on the other players want.

And of course Im still looking for other players.

Comment

I've not played on-line before but I'd like to try and I've nothing else planed for saturday.

I guess 'Dynamically Joinable' means you can join the game at anytime, does this mean you start from scratch or do you get an existing AI civ ?

And how long do you usually play for ?

And anyting else you think I may need to know as a first timer ?

Comment

I'll be there.

Dynamic joining allows players to join after the game is launched. Thus you will get a civ which is open, depending on the set-up it could be an AI civ or one that was left by a human. Max players is 8, with maximum of 4 humans to start. All the others have to join after launch, so if we are playing with more than 4 civs, somebaody will end up with a civ that was originally an AI.
                "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Frazer and Swissy it's good to have you on board.

Length of time played is usually 4-6 hours, but it doesn't real matter.

Oh and one last thing which is important for a new MP player is that you hit the ' key for in game chat.

' = the quotes key

If we don't get any more players Im thinking of using a large map. I guess settings will be determined when we get there. Unless anyone has a dislike for certain settings.

And of course the more the merrier. Up to eight that is.

Comment

Sorry I just found out I wont be available to play on Saturday as I have to go to a family birthday party which crept up on me unexpectedly .

I am keen to play though so please let me now next time. I'm free most weekday and sunday evenings, but usually (but not always) busy on Saturday and Friday.

Comment

Sorry to see you go Frazer.

Okay we have three players starting and one joining later. So Im going to push back the start time to 1900 BST (1400 EDT), as to give Thor more of a chance if this is a problem for any one let me know. I'll send all of you an email when I get home.

Anyone else interested in playing?

Comment

I would like to play but I really have toi work on my site this week end. Hopefully when I get my new site up it will eable people to set up these types of games a lot easier.

Comment

So how did it go ?

Comment

Would have gone great except for the dynamic joining bugs

It went alright anyway.

Comment

Yeah, I gave up after some time, and I ran into St. Jon - sitting around in the lobby and trying to get in - a couple of times too.

The dynamic join thing was really annoying. did you find out what the problem was?
                              King Thor

Comment

Working...
                              X