Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANNOUNCEMENT! - New LUNGMATCH Tournament Looking for Players!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

Arriving a bit too late, but does not really matter...
    Lung, question for you.
    You seem to be playing PBEM games quite often and regularly. Don't you find frustrating having player leaving in the middle of a game/tournament because they see they cannot win ?
    I am always frustrated because of that, in fact in general I find PBEM players quite unfair
    Don't you face this ?
    Good luck for your game anyway
    Cheers,
    Hannibal de Coconnas

Comment

Rick of the Russians, we reserve judgement on how fearsome you are until the result of your first game.

If you are indeed proved to be Rampaging Rick of the Russians then Demosthenes will be first to acknowledge your prowess and fear meeting you in later bouts.

But if you are found to be Refugee Rick of the Ex-Russians, then we shall seriously consider your name in your request for asylum with the Welsh.
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____
      www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Dear Hannibal De Coconnas,

Actually, that hasn't happened as much as expected. Two have left in Monkey2, but that's okay as there's 8 civs, with 2 of them up for grabs. As far as we're concerned, they lost. Pure and simple. If they ever resurface, someone will recognise them and know that they are LOSERS!!!

Strangely enough, the leader of Swissy1 left, so Jon got the lucky door prize in that one. Another player left, and it is as though nothing has changed. That is except for the fact that Steve was a benevolent leader, while Jon is a bloodthirsty power-mad lunatic. no offence intended, Jon .

However, in this Lungmatch tournament, the games consist of three players only, so players are more likely to hang around. Ultimately, i will AI them if they pike out.

In reality, anyone i know that has dropped out has never resurfaced. I doubt whether any pbem veteran would take on a player that had previously wimped out.

You know, i took over a spot that was running stone motherless last, as i saw it as the ultimate challenge. It was the crappiest and most pathetic civ i had ever seen, but now it is slightly less crappy

Also, thanks for the encouragement Would you like to be a reserve for someone? It saves having to use the AI, which is a virtual death sentence, and it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Lung,

Indeed, I can't imagine a "leaver" coming back without being smashed !! :evil
          Also thanks a lot for the invitation but I will have to train a bit more as I haven't been playing for ages. And 't would be a shame to be exterminated before to see Jesus born
          But I keep your ref and whenever I feel I can be a decent rival, then yeah! we''ll go for one.
          Take it easy guys and Kill'em all...
          Cheers,
          Hannibal de Coconnas

Comment

Well, it looks like we have our tournament! For Deathmatch4, we have Sophix of the Egyptians (for something completely different ), "Rick" of the Russians, and Blue Max (i'm not sure of details - i have to check my home e-mail). Sorry for taking so long to set it up, but i have barely had enough time to play my exisiting turns, let alone create new pbem games.

I will do it in the next couple of days. You guys can confirm your details in the interim if you like. I should have the correct details, but you never know!

Finally, anyone else who wants in, can offer to play as a permanent reserve for any existing player, as we are always after reserves .

Comment

Lung e-mailed me that he won't have this ready until next week sometime.

Max

Comment

I'm offering myself as a permanent reserve - please let me kow if you need me.
                Thanks
                [This message has been edited by Tom Red (edited April 30, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X