New player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player

Hello, I'm a new member here and anxious to get into a game. Are there any openings?

I've been trying to get into a PBEM game for a couple of weeks now but without any luck. Maybe one of the more experienced players who was trying to get into Bones' game might be willing to start one? I have never even played in one let alone set one up but if noone else is willing to do that then I guess I may have to give it a shot.

------------------
    -Tyr
    To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.
    George Washington, Speech to both Houses of Congress, Jan. 8, 1790.
    http://www.bartleby.com/99/281.html

-Tyr
    Bartlett's Familiar Quotations

Comment

Thanks Swissy,

Four players sounds good to me. After looking at the PBEM Recap thread I think that that may be the only way to finish a game in less than two years

I've beaten C:CTP on King level (Apolyton/CD's mod scenario version). That's the highest level I've played so far but I've only played about three games through. I had to wait 'til I got a new comp so that the wait between turns wasn't measured in double digit minutes! I used to thump the CivII AI on Diety level on a regular basis.

I have and do play several online multiplayer games including Ultima Online, ChronX, Sanctum, Spirit Wars, Diablo and Ronin but I have never played a PBEM before.

I have both the 1.2 Patch and the 1.21 Hack so there's no problem there!

Once again, Thanks Swissy!

------------------
      -Tyr

-Tyr

Comment

I'll start up another one. First, I'd like to see this be a four player game. Next, I need to know what the highest level you have beaten the game in the single player mode. Finally, do you play multiplayer on the net?

I'll given you to the weekend to respond, then I would like to start. Remember you must have patch 1.2 and the hack patch 1.21 to play
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Well, I've only had the game a couple of months but love this type of game and have always been good at them. I've beaten the game at the Cheiftain, Warlord and Prince levels but never through successful completion of the alien life project. I usually just win by being devious, treacherous and brutal.

Comment

We need a fourth player. Anyone out there please post. I need everyone playing to post Your civ choice, leader name and time zone in GMT. Here is mine:

Civ- Zulu
            Leader- Swisaka
            Time zone- GMT-6(US CST)
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Who-Yaa!

Swissy, is this a newbies only or can I join in?

If so, then Demosthenes of the Welsh.

Man, you can't be in enough PBEM games!

Comment

BTW I won't take offence if you say no.

Comment

I'd like to be Tyr of the Celts but I can't remember right now if the Celts are included in the base setup. If not then please make me Canadian.

I'm in Minneapolis, MN (US CST) so that should be GMT-6.

BTW, I think it might not be a bad idea to have a more PBEM experienced player in the game in case questions arise (which they are sure to do.
                  -Tyr

Comment

Ok, we have four. Just need Chip's info and I'll get the game started. Since this is sort of a newbie game, though you all sound experienced in strategy games, I'll keep it simple.

Small map
                    Doughnut world
                    King Level(3 advances fairly good growth factor)
                    Barbarians in ruins only

Wet 4
                    Warm 5
                    Ocean 5
                    Island 4
                    Diverse 5
                    Goods 7

Any objections, speak now.

BTW- Celts are in the Apolyton Pak, which we are not using. Since the Apolyton Pak is scenario based, it will NOT mess up your PBEM games. So it's Canadians, Welsh, Zulu, & ...?
                    [This message has been edited by Swissy (edited February 03, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                    X