GAME STABILITY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME STABILITY

It is nearly impossible to play Online. The game crash every 20 minutes ... (2 players, 4 AI, carryover 5 minutes, 1200 AD)
    Dis you experience that ? any idea to fix this prob ?
    Thanks.

I've played multiplayer for hours on end, in the past. But you gotta make sure all players have stable systems, or the game is over. Also, the fastest computer should be the host, because it controls the AI. Letting someone with a 166 Mhz host with 4 AI's doesn't make sense.

Comment

robm, thanks for your answer
      my PC is a celeron 333, 64 ram, 16 meg video, 33.6 modem. 2giga free on HD (I am the host)
      The friend I am playing with has a P200, 96 ram, 4 meg video,56k modem, 400 megs free on HD.
      When I play single player game, no problem. The same for my friend.
      But when we play together MP game, he often lost the game. @#$%@#!&% !!!!!!
      We are living in the same city with the same provider, so the connection is very good between us
      Do you think the problem can come from our configs ?
      h e l p !!!

Comment

I haven't played online - only across a LAN.

Comment

I haven't played online - only across a LAN.
          HOwever we found that if one of the machines used zoomed out with some units in combat it crashed the machine. This could potentially also be a problem in online games. To reduce this type of crash we agreed not to use zoom out - only a suggestion but it may have some affect (NB we only experienced this with destroyers - earlier units didn't seem to suffer).

Comment

Thanks for your answer Tom,
            But we tried again today to play (the same game with the same guys). It was fine !!!
            So maybe the problem cames from a temporary internet/provider tafic jam
            Everything looks OK now ...
            Big mystery !!
            Thanks again.

PS: I will test your bug with zoom in an online game.

Comment

Rodo,

My computer is an AMD K6-3 400 with 128MB RAM and 16MB AGP video. My modem is a 56K, but only getting 28.8. Seems to me that the best way to get a stable game is to have the host be the fastest most robust computer and have most of the goodies like battle view disabled. Anything to make it simpler for the computer/network to handle.

Comment

Working...
              X