The Force is with us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Force is with us

A few thousand men and women were waiting outside the Sith Temple. They were waiting for their new Master elected by a fearsome fight against 4 other candidates for Master ship...A fight for life or death. Then there was a drum and everyone went quiet..waiting for the moment that their new master would come out of the Sith Temple. Then the doors opened and their stood their new master...Damon Atreides stood straight in the opening of the door. It had been a great fight and he had won altough it had cost him 2 of his fingers on his left hand. When the people saw him a cheer went trough the whole area. Then Damon moved towards the microphone standing there in front of him and commanded silence. Servants he said I Damon Atreides who is standing before you shall proudly lead our country to the victory on this beautiful planet given to us. Now let us get to work and built beautiful cities and units who will lead our country to VICTORY!! Another cheer erupted and Damon stepped away from the microphone and into the Sith temple.

Game started Saturday 19-05-2001 between The Great Gavrushka and the Almighty Damon Atreides
    Ash nazg dubratuluk
    ash nazg gimbatul
    ash nazg trakutaluk
    agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

In a dark, dismal Tavern on the otherside of the World on went the contest to choose the leader of the erm, of the erm..... the other side.... Gavrushka stared unblinking into the eyes of his opponent, before banging his clenched fist onto his thigh three times, his competitor did likewise....... Gavrushka unclenched his fist to reveal....... Scissors...... His oppenent......... Paper...... A cheer went up as Gavrushka Boomed nasally ' Scissors cut Paper.....' and stuck his tongue out at his banished competitor.....

I think Darth suffered from a Bad Start, which put him on the back foot immediately - However the two lands are joined by but a single land square, which now has a city on.... So Sortees are by Sea, I was lucky enough to get my Production high, very early on, and as such got to built several wonders, Darth is practicing very effective hit and run tactics against my sea cities, and I am losing a great deal of Caravans, and infrastructure to these attacks- Although two cities have now been captured by me, Darth is very effective in distracting me from a fuller assault. Concern for the raids has has diverting much of my navy back home to deal with the Marauding Pirates, and likewise Darth has been extremely effective in finding sea routes to my Lands as yet undiscovered to me..

A good game, ended prematurely by Darth's connection problems.... we both had good ping, and Darth would take control of his Civ, but would then get thrown straight back into lobby...Changing servers did not help....Any Ideas???

Looking forward to the contination!!!
    He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Darth Viper was meditating on top of the Sith Temple until he heard someone say Sir im sorry to disturb you but...I TOLD you not to disturb me why didnt you obey my orders? Im sorry sir i really am...but something big is happening. Well you are here now anyway so spill it! A few of our units have gone crazy Sir they are running around as mad man and are trying to make a run for Gavrushka's territory. This indeed is big but you still shouldnt have warned me. What are the names of they who are trying to make a run for it? It are the Herosk and Hirkat squadrons Sir. OK send everything we got after them they cannot reach the lands of Gavrushka! Yes Sir I'll send the order around immediatly Sir. Moments later TWO whole units stepped out of a city. It was a Phalanx and a Pikeman. Darth Viper boomed is that all we got?!?!?! Yes Sir we havent build units in ages. I need Cannons and Pikemen right away! how do you think i can lead this country to Victory with only 2 units? Well Sir..Permission to speak freely sir? Yes go ahead. Everyone believes you can lead our army even though we only have two units you have the Force! Yes I have the Force...Now leave me and let me meditate and get me the heads of those Squadrons ALL OF THEM! yes Sir! the aide bowed and stepped away.

Continuation was today..still going on actually LOL... Looking forward to the next time already...if there is a next one a lot can happen in an hour....
      Ash nazg dubratuluk
      ash nazg gimbatul
      ash nazg trakutaluk

Comment

LOL....Good post Darth!

Well the game has turned again.... Darth has come back strong, and even though I have built wonders, and have much military, they are being decimated trying to capture cities (and I am only attacking the smallest cities.....) Darth has hidden Naval Ports that constantly harrass my shipping, and are making life very difficult....This game is gonna go on for some time, and the outcome is far from guaranteed!!!!!

As the game finished Darth was pounding one of the two cities I captured with Cannons, however reinforcements have arrived, and are shawing up units as they are destroyed, and are returning fire with Cannons of their own....

Continuation one day later this week? Wednesday??

Comment

LOL....Good post Darth!

Well the game has turned again.... Darth has come back strong, and even though I have built wonders, and have much military, they are being decimated trying to capture cities (and I am only attacking the smallest cities.....) Darth has hidden Naval Ports that constantly harrass my shipping, and are making life very difficult....This game is gonna go on for some time, and the outcome is far from guaranteed!!!!!

As the game finished Darth was pounding one of the two cities I captured with Cannons, however reinforcements have arrived, and are shawing up units as they are destroyed, and are returning fire with Cannons of their own....

Continuation one day later this week? Wednesday??

Comment

The battle of Babylon 5

Damon Atreides was standing on the Promenade watching his men forming blokades and waiting for the great battle to come....Babylon 5 had been undersiege for several months now and the time for the great battle was coming closer and closer as the soldiers on babylon 5 were becoming weaker and weaker... Damon was looking at the men who were placing the bomb that would destroy babylon 5 when the Assyrians tried to invade it...Then Damon had to help himself not to fall down as another ship bombardment began....How are you doing with the bomb downthere? we don't have much time left! Almost ready Sir...How long? 2 hours Sir. 2 hours we do not have two hours! I want that thing installed in half an hour...But Sir i need more men for that. You wont get more men because everyone has already evacuated the city. Now just hurry up ill come with you and help you place the bomb...after all i developed the bomb and the plan myself. Yes Sir thank you Sir half an hour it is Sir. Damon took the turbolift down and started working on the bomb. Half an hour later the work was finished and the evacuation of the last men begun...In only a few minutes time he and his soldiers would be the only ones that in the city. He walked towards his battle position and stood ready waiting for the attack. Then the first blaster fire was there and the first men on both sides died. Then he saw the Asyrians to and begun firing as fast as he could...After an hour of attacks and defending Damon and his soldiers were being pushed back further and further. His personal aid walked toward him while still firing. We cant keep this up longer we MUST evacuate he said. I know i know i just want to take as many as possible with us. Give the evacuation signal in 5 minutes and set the bomb's time for 10 mins beginning now. Yes Sir Immediatly sir the aid said. In the meanwhile the Assyrians had once again gained terrain and the troops of Damon where falling further and further backwards. I hope we can survive another five minutes Damon thougt. Or else there wont be anyone left to evacuate including myself. I have to do SOMETHING. Wait a minute i'm a Sith Lord why not use my Force Powers? Then Damon took his lightsaber of his belt and began running towards the enemy lines fending off blaster bolts with his saber along the way. When he arrived at the enemy lines he began slashing at heads and other body parts of his enemies. After a few minutes he had cleared the whole first line of his enemy. This will buy us time he thought. But i must go right now or ill die here...The he ran away but before he reached his own men he got shot in the back. He fell and then tried to get up but nothing happened. Then everything became black and his wories were nomore. He awoke because he heared a very big bang. He opened his eyes and saw someones face which he recognized a few moments later. It was the face of his personal aid. Was the explosion i just heared Babylon 5? Yes it was my Lord. How bad i'm injured? Not bad nothing our docters cant handle. Good.. How many off our soldiers died? We have gotten 5 whole ships of soldiers out of the city my lord. Thats good more than expected...Yes because of your actions my lord. I had to buy us time to evacuate and that was the only thing i could think of. Where the asyrians all blown up or did they found or bomb before it went off. No sir no asyrian survivors have been found. To bad the Asyrian Leader doesnt lead his forces as i do... Yes sir indeed. Then the Asyrians had to get a new leader.... We should think of a plan to eliminate this leader so we can bring chaos to the Asyrian's Damon said. Then before he heard the answer everything went black again...

The game has continued today...As you can see in my little story Gav took Babylon 5 (one of my cities) away from me...Luckely it was after a lot of attacks a city with only 1 citizen and so it was annihilated (better than using it against me) The game is in the while im posting still continueing and I'm now trying to get my cities back with a lot of units. Ill probably post a story about that attack to at a time...

Darth
            Ash nazg dubratuluk
            ash nazg gimbatul
            ash nazg trakutaluk

Comment

Excellent posts Darth, matched only by your shrewd military mind..... If I had not got Edisons, and London Exchange, Darth would have undoubtably beat me.... Darth employed a suberb military counter which he must have had prepared for a long time, he crushed my units, and only the fact I had better science, and therefore better units handed me the Victory.

We will be rematching shorly, and I know with absolute certainty that I am going to struggle....

Darth, thanks for a great game, and I look ofrward to or rematch.... I think.......

Comment

Rematch

Darth Viper stood in front of his men. Today, he said, we shall begin our conquest over the Greek. This first battle will be remembered as THE battle in the history of our planet, so make me proud, make yourself proud and most of all maker your country proud! Then he took his comlink and signaled the ships to begin the bombardment. The bombardment began and Darth waited for it to stop. When the bombardment finally stopped he used the Force to sense his environment for immediate danger but sensed nothing. So he began to talk again: Loyal Soldiers the time for our attack has come, follow me! Then he charged into the city while igniting his lightsaber. After a few hours te battle had been fought and Gavrushka's men (or what was left of ehm) surrendered. Then when the last men of Gavrushka's army were mopped up Darth began to speak once more: As i predicted this has been a great day for me, for you and for the whole Empire, you all make me proud! Then he said: Thinyio Shkla please step forward. For your bravery and courage in the battle just fought you are awarded the highest medal in the Dutch Empire: the Force Cross. Then he pinned the medal on Shkla's chest and applause reigned.
                Ash nazg dubratuluk
                ash nazg gimbatul
                ash nazg trakutaluk

Comment

Erm Commander Gavrushka, there are a few men in a rowing boat demanding that we hand over a small village in the Eastern end of our empire...

'oh the poor homeless beggars...... let em have it, they need it more than us'.......

This rematch is beyond belief....without a doubt a twin strategy affair with out right military production against an edge on Science and a lot of luck...... At one point 18 ships of the line and countless shore batteries took on 6 battleships (all I had) with two ships of the line in tow - I lost one ship of the line.....Now that is pure luck! Darth has invaded one of my Islands and took one city, and forced me to disband another... He has several stacks of units andering the small isle, and I watch them dispationately from afar.... The game is immensely entertaining, and has once again proven Darth to be an extremely shrewd military tactician...... VERY rare in CTP - usually you are just up against the unit producers..challenge this guy, it would be a hoot!

Comment

Working...
                  X