Turn 111, 125 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 111, 125 BC

Things completed-axeman in FS, archer in lima, axeman in foxtrot.

Todo;
    start moving workboat up to the new city
    Assign scientists in AB and set research to get literature in optimum number of turns. We couldnt get it in 3 with 100% so i dropped to 0% supporting a 3 turn run of 100%. Just the scientists in AB wouldnt cover all our whipping losses, i believe.

Big question: Do we attack the stack coming up to port lima? We have 6 horse archers, 3 archers, 2 axes and a spearman facing a swordsman, 2 spear, 2 archer, 3 chariot, 4 axes. Our stack will remain on a hill so it wont be vulnerable to counterattack. I imagine the sarantium units have upgrades held in reserve and this may be a good time to wallop them.

Estimated combat results
    2 HA fight 2 spears, dead HA
    HA fights swordsman, 55% fight in our favour(6+10% on both sides, we have first strike)
    3 HA fight 3 axes for about 75%+ our favour each

we have on a hill;3(optimistic:4) wounded HA, 1 spear, 3 archer, two axes. sarantiums;1 axe, 3 chariot, 2 archers, 2 wounded spears, maybe a heavily wounded swordsman.

I vote in favour of this attack. The remants will be quite weak as offensive units.
    A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

There's no reason not to attack with the axe and spear as well.

The axe would have 60% or so against thier remaining axe (unupgraded), the spear would end up taking on their medic archer at ~65% or so.

This is slightly more risky but would leave them the 3 chariots, 1 archer, 2 wounded, but getting a promo, spears vs our 3 archers and an axe plus host of wounded folk.

My reasoning being if the stack with 2 archers and axe make the hill 7, it would be hard to rebuke.

(actually we might want to split off an archer or two over there, if we don't get too wounded on a couple of those battles.)

But, I favor attack.

The question I have...

Say that stack of theirs moves off 1-2, towards the south...

Do we play defense, or decide to send a force into the Sarantine heartland?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

There's no reason not to attack with the axe and spear as well.
      Certainly, however i believe the odds in this case about 65%+. Which is all the better of course.

Regarding an advance into sarantium lands-for what purpose? pillaging? Not capturing cities i suppose?
      A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Comment

Pillaging.

Razing if possible (and I honestly think it would be).

Forcing them to draw back.

Lots of reasons.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Neither Sarantium stack has moved. Doulbe checking, but I believe neither go reinforced either.

Recomend:

Moving axe in FS south towards Foxtrot
          Moving horse archers to hill 4 of Lima, if Sarantium does not move, we can attack that stack ourselves.
          Move the other axe to join the stack 2 of Lima, same reasoning.
          Really don't know why the workers are 8 of Foxtrot, cutting that one doesn't help our defenses any, but may as well cut while there.
          Workers near lima, I have no idea. I'm not a worker person

RESEARCH MUST BE UPPED IF WE HAVE ANY HOPE at library. 2 scientists in AB, research at 100%, best we can do is 3 turns. AB should work the copper and pig with it's remaining 2 citizens.

MOVE THAT ARCHER FROM ECHO northward. We shouldn't defend Echo at all. Period. That archer has better uses near Foxtrot/FS.

BUILDS:

FS: Horse archer, completes in 1 turn. Horse archers are our best means of repelling these attacks IMO.

Foxtrot. Horse archer would complete next turn with the chop.

Move workforce from corn to the gems. Yes we start starving, but we need the cash to make the research.

AB, workforce on pigs and copper, as stated above. this would put growth in 3, archer in 2.

Lima: Change workforce from fish to mined hill. Change production to the resulting 1 turn axe.
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

RESEARCH MUST BE UPPED IF WE HAVE ANY HOPE at library. 2 scientists in AB, research at 100%, best we can do is 3 turns. AB should work the copper and pig with it's remaining 2 citizens.
            We couldnt get it any sooner than 3 turns from now with the chariot upgrades, Like i mentioned i dropped it to 0% to support a 3 turn research pace. AFAIK we will pick up literature 5 turns after starting it which was the starting ETA.

Comment

Really don't know why the workers are 8 of Foxtrot, cutting that one doesn't help our defenses any, but may as well cut while there.
              Hammers. They can be moved to something else if we want the forest intact. They can take a jungle in 2 turns, so there was no need to immediately chop jungles i figured. And the jungle 4 of foxtrot can possibly be utilized ourselves. If not we can quickly chop it

Comment

I just hate workers with a passion, the senseless wastes of free support...

Don't mind me on any worker orders, I completely defer that judgement to others.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Alright.

I'll be back in a couple hours and if no one has any further comments, I'll just go ahead and go with my recomendations. The 24 hr mark is up at 2AM, my time.

The only thing I really have no clue how to handle is the 2 workers near Lima. And, I see 2 options.

Move to cut forest near FS or move to farm the corn near the new city. I'm leaning towars the corn. We already have workers cutting forest, and we want to be carefull of wasting hammers there.

God I hate workers...
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Workers are the best units though. Or perhaps its finding something for them to do? Corn is good i suppose.

I loosely agree with the proposals and didnt notice much else to decide in turn.

Comment

Made moves mentioned.

Screenies will be posted in the 112 thread for convenience on planning next turn.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                      X