Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 25 - 3040 BC

The home front.

Worker needs orders. Animal Husbandry is still 7 turns away, so I suggest chopping the forest 6 of Alpha Base. 20 hammers will go a long way toward a decent defense force.
    Attached Files

The scout
    Attached Files

Comment

I didn't get this save actually...

Funny how the connecting of iron happened before the warrior popped out. Not complaining, mind you.

Anyway, looking at the 3080:

I would agree with chopping 6: 1 turn to move, 4 to chop, 2 to road = 7 turns, then we can work the bacon the following turn.
      Build wise, an axe after, with the chop, will be completed in 2-3 turns depending on overflow. Then we can start a settler, chop assist it after the bacon is connected, IMO.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Kloreep, are we chopping the forest to build the Spear ? Axemen ?

I am not sure whether chopping is 4 turns. It always appear 3 to me. If we are not certain, we can road before chop.

Mr preference is chopping 3 of Alpha Base. Roading that tile i think will allow us to move our troops or settler out faster. (Depending on whether the unit has to cross the river. If it has to cross the river, then 6 will be the better option)
        C3C ISDG Final Round : Actively Lurking

Comment

I don't think the unit would have to cross the river...

You bring up a good point with the road, but I'm concerned with sending the worker out to the corner of our borders like that when we won't have any military units for several turns. The copper at least had some advance warning due to the extent of our sight near there, but on the tile 3 of AB the worker will only have 1 turn's warning if something comes out of the fog; compared with 2 where the worker is.

If we're willing to build a 3rd road segment, it would be easy enough to have a road via the tile 6, then the pigs, then towards wherever we want the city to be. (That's something we should start discussing...)

Re: Chopping forest, I think it would fall on the axeman, but then, I thought the copper would fall after the warrior. Could be it'll be on the last turn of the spearman, but in that case I think most if not all of it will flow over to the axeman, right?

Comment

The hammers are distributed on turn 3 of a chop, but the worker is occupied that turn, thus it 'takes' 4 turns for the worker to start a new action.

Chopping now, the shields would go towards an axe as we couldn't start chopping till next turn, and the spear would finish before the hammers from the chop
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
              If we're willing to build a 3rd road segment, it would be easy enough to have a road via the tile 6, then the pigs, then towards wherever we want the city to be. (That's something we should start discussing...)
              I have earlier advocated settling to the SE. My preferred spot as of now is 3-3-3-3-3-6 from Alpha Base (that's 2-3 from the east-coast pigs). The city would be on a plains hill. The site has enough food (pigs first, then fish) to quickly start working the other hills in the city radius. It would be a very good place to build a barracks and start our serious military production. It also projects our empire roughly in the direction of known opponents --- er, potential clients. We still don't know what's 2 from this site, though.

Comment

Received turn, going to play now.

Comment

-Rush moved 6-9 to forest, ordered to chop
                  -Scout moved 9-6
                  -The Panther remains to our south
                  -End of turn: Borders of Alpha Base expand

Comment

Working...
                  X