X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Diplo

and now there are three

First contact

I am Donegeal, The Voice of Voxism (the leader of Vox Controlii).

This turn, our exploring warrior, who is named after our founding father, Jon Miller, has come across the borders of a glorious Banana city.

Let me introduce you to our people. We are a peace loving people as evidenced by our strong devotion to Voxism (Hinduism). Ishvara, or the supreme being (god if you will), comes in many faces: Brahman (the creator), Vishnu (the preserver) and Shiva (the Destroyer). Perhaps it would be easier to understand if we compared Voxism to the Banana. First there is the Banana tree (Brahman), the creator of the banana. Next is the banana peel (Vishnu), which is the “preserver” of the banana. And then there is the actual banana (Shiva). In trying to become a new banana tree, the banana is destroyed. Bananaism and Voxism are one and the same. We welcome our brothers of the faith!!!

The People of Vox try to live their lives in line with Vishnu, and preserve the normal tranquil beauty of this land. However, we see that you have already come across people who live by the Shiva doctrine, trying to destroy all. Stormians are Shaivaists. They wish nothing but the destruction of both of us.

When we first net the Stormians, we attempted to life peacefully with them and tried to coexist with them in a type of harmony as Ishvara would want. They wanted no part of this. At their first opportunity, Stormian warriors attacked and killed a harmless offenseless civilian Scout in neutral territory without warning. Since that first mindless slaughter of innocents, Stormia has waged war against our people for nearly 1,500 years, and have done so without explanation or communication, despite attempts to do so from our side.

Stormia has been eerily silent for the entire war. They even remained silent when they committed their most heinous crime about 300 years ago.

We had a band of girls that wanted to go out exploring the this wonderful world we are trying to preserve. Unfortunately for them, they came across Stormians. They fled to the north in an attempt to get away from their mindless destructive ways. On their way, they had the misfortune to come across a pack of wild lions at the same time the now well promoted and veteran Stormian warriors had caught up with them. The Stormians prodded the pack of lions to attack the defenseless little girls and them swooped in to gnaw of their remains. We are still awaiting word from Gathering Storm on this senseless slaughter of innocents (no battle report was given to us).

Outside of this event, Stormians have been unable to do us any harm because our people are true in their faith. Stormian Skirmishers are held in check throughout the land but they continue to press on our borders. They realize that the only way they can make an attack on The Voice that has any chance of success would be with what we call siege weapons. Watch for their actions. The will be making a play to get to this item and may even try to sway you to help them.

Be wary, people of the Bunch. There is evil in this land and we cannot contain it.
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Maybe I should have read this before we welcomed GS to the open science agreement.

Looks like our die is cast. We are friends with AC and GS. We need to see what happens in the next few days with AC and GS.

have you replied to Vox? Should I? Does someone else want Diplomat Banana duties with Vox?

I will wait for answers before I send a vague friendly "Hello".

email address for Vox?
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I have not replied to Vox

I will attepmt negotiations

Comment

Sounds good. Don't forget thediplomaticbanana@yahoo.com, and the password = g3nu5mu5a
        Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

they suggested PMind would work best

Will post all dialogue here

Comment

here is what I sent today:

First order of business

To show our sensarity and seriousness of making things happen, We are sending you our map with resources included.

We luck foward to cooperation on many fronts

Mighty Platypi

Have yet to respond to the first letter

Comment

Heya, if you need any technical assistance like making a map screenshot or whatever, drop me a line, i'm more than happy to assist
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

allready done and sent

thanks anyway kind sir

Comment

Can I have a copy of that map for discussions with GS and AC?

Comment

had to do some fact checkin

war is no rumor
                    Attached Files

Comment

my reply to the letter

Peace loving followers of Voxism, The Bananas are of peaceful existence as well.

It troubles our bunch to hear of such brutality all ready. We gathered into our smoke house for a session of blessed peel, to confirm the ways of Stormians. Upon checking the all knowing screenie, the truth is known thru our kingdom of the state of WAR. We thank you for the warning over Stormians ways.

We can do more together than apart.

We request a map of your lands with resources so we can rejoice throughout our lands, the peace is the one true way.

I have been asked to approach you on the issue of tech sharing and research goals.

Can it be as simple as a simple exchange of when techs are discovered ?
                      Why hassle with any other option.

Peace throughout

The Bunch

Comment

Do we warn AC? Do we question GS? Do we seek to bring peace? Do we allow GS to fight Vox? If Vox is defeated, we are one civ closer to victory.

Comment

Presently AC and Vox do not have contact, and so you are not permitted to discuss Vox with them unless/until you show them a screenshot containing Voxian lands (which you do not have at the moment) or a Voxian unit.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

WOW! A ruling in 11 minutes! That's an active mod.

Thanks for the ruling.

As you will see I have not mention Vox to AC or GS yet.

P'Rex and other followers of the Great Banana - whose name dare not be spoken - what are your thoughts on my questions?

I say, see what GS does with our Open Tech agreement first. Let the war - if it can be called that - continue. We are not involved yet and sticking our nose between GS and Vox can only hurt us.

That said, I do not see a problem with starting peaceful talks and trade with Vox.

Comment

now this is getting interesting ^^ a war situation between two other civs can only benefit us as long as one civilization isnt defeated entirely! let them rip themselves apart and let us emerge even more powerful from their struggle supply them with tech and maybe even units to keep the struggle going as long as possible. we may benefit greatly from this

Comment

Working...
                              X