• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 Bc

Todo:
    - continue moving the northern scout along the coast
    - continue moving the southern scout south by the shortest route
    - continue moving the healthy chuks (except the medic, which helps healing the last wounded chuk) south toward barb city. Move the eastern chuk first, since it moves into jungle and is better suited for scouting out the city.
    - move ax in Bananapolis south towards Mhasa to help defense
    - whip Heroic Epic in Tassagrad

And that's it.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Also, at the moment we hit endturn, our GP will be born. Whoever plays the turn, please make a save after endturn so we can check who we got
    no sig

Comment

general events: confucianism is founded, its not clear where, but we should get access to courthouses next turn

local events: the warrior near mhasa is now next to the city
      the archer is born next turn before it will attack. Let's hope the random gods are with us

Another warrior appeared on the oriental express road west of mhasa. A axemen was moved south from bananapolis

The banana rebels organised in zhou but their two warriors won't be a match against our chuck squads

Whipped heroic epic in Tassagrad

Renamed bananapolis to dongjing, Sake to Guangzhou

Science adjusted to 0%
      Attached Files
      http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Observations after end-turn

We welcome our new great merchant, Harkuf!

Dongjing now has acces to cows

Archer finised in Mhasa

Worker finished in Xi'an

Heroic epic finished in Tassagrad

If GS keeps his promise we should be able to start courthouses i guess
        Attached Files

Comment

Now there's a question what do we do with our research:
          1.keep doing Calendar (4 turns), wait until finished, lightbulb CS, do CS (waiting for lightbulbing here is for larger beaker gain as the formula is lightbulbed beakers = 1000 + 2*total pop)

2.lightbulb CS, start on CS, after doing it, finish Calendar

If we lightbulb CS next turn, we'll have 110 beakers left to research, which is 2 turns of research (but will be 3 turns due to one 0% turn inbetween).
          The difference in beakers lightbulbed we'd get by delaying it, isn't likely to be bigger than 10 beakers, on the other side, the gain from 3-4 extra turns with Bureaucracy will be 60+ beakers / commerce and some extra hammers too.

I suggest a following plan:
          1.switch to CS
          2.lightbulb CS
          3.finish CS, switch back to Calendar
          4.finish GL
          5.do anarchy to Bureaucracy
          6.finish Calendar

Thoughts?
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

=> about confucianism : check in the tech trade screen if Code of Laws is now listed as a "can't trade tech" for GS. (Just to be sure it's not some other civ that snatched it)

=> about Harkuf : great news we got a Great Merchant :-D the RNG gods are definately with us. From his wikipedia entry :
            His primary business, however, was trade with Nubia, forging political bonds with local leaders, and preparing the ground for an Egyptian expansion into Nubia. He led at least four major expeditions in his life. On the last one he brought with him what his correspondence with the six year old Pepi II referred to as a dwarf, apparently a pigmy.
            => How much gold do we make when running 0% science now ? (I guess just about the same as we lose when running 100%)

=> With the fog surrounding former banana land, we should be prepared for more barbarians. Perhaps the heroic epic in Tassagrad can be used to give us some more defenders ?

=> priority for calendar <=> CS : calendar gives us plantations, CS gives us (through bureaucracy) +50% hammers and commerce in capital. I think CS should have priority.

=> about waiting to switch to bureaucracy before / after finishing the GL in Being : just do whatever gives us the GL the fastest. If we switch to bureaucracy first and get the extra +50% hammer bonus, can't we whip it sooner / cheaper ?
            no sig

Comment

I looked Harkuf up too. I also looked up Archimedes when we got him.
              Kinda makes you want to know what you're getting.

We make +30 gold at 0%, so we actually have ~50/50 economy now. When we had Beijing growing (working sea) it was 60/40.
              That also means after CS we can safely expand more as 50/50 is nowhere near critical rate and we're getting courthouses. Also, after CS and Cal, the next techs are of less immediate gain as has been pointed out before, so we don't need to prioritize beaker output over growth.

On switch bureaucracy / GL faster issue - I will open the turn and check once home but I think if we do anarchy before finishing GL, it will be 1-2 turns before, so there would be no gain.
              If it's 3 turns or more, that's a consideration (x / 3y = x / (2y*1.5)).

Comment

Not having loaded the sav, why cant the GM just pop civil service now? This early they should be able to handle a single tech solo?
                if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

As I said, it will not handle the tech solo:

GM beaker formula is: 1000b + 2*total pop of a civ
                  That is 1034 for us now.
                  CS costs 1144b

Unless my information is way off

Comment

Anybody up to write something about our great merchant ? The public forum is very silent again...

(bt, you still haven't posted the banana gorillas in public)
                    no sig

Comment

bananas is old news dude

and i would combine the merchant news with a newspost about the gl

Comment

Oh, I forgot about the guerilla thing
                        How does merchant + gl + guerilla sound? Together with others it won't sound so obsolete And we can even add a screenie of that city in close zoom.

Comment

I checked the chance of archer winning warrior if it attacked.
                          The chance is 80% with archer having +1 fs and warrior having +25% bonus from river crossing.
                          Then I tried the same in the combat odds calculator found in Great Library thread - http://c4combat.narod.ru/c4c.htm, and the calculator actually gave more pessimistic chances to win, so it seems it's precise with slight tendency to be pessimistic.
                          Now, if I input the modified values for warrior attacking archer, warrior has less than 1/2000 chance to win.

I also reviewed our beaker output, we could get CS finished in a single turn, with a very special effort, which involves:
                          - setting everything we can to produce beakers instead of hammers or food (Xian has extra potential, Guangzhou has some, Tassagrad a little, Beijing - lots since we're emphasizing hammers now, Dongjing and Mhasa - none).

We could boost our total beaker output as high as the needed 110 beakers, although I don't think we'll need that as game has some modifier for researching tech you have one OR link.
                          Of course, that would hurt production or growth depending on city, but after that we'll be able to have a good boost in production and commerce.

That would involve finishing GL a turn late, if we whip.
                          The boosted hammers from Bureaucracy would also create a situation whereas we can finish GL 4 turns late from the original plan, BUT without whipping.

Comment

also we'd have to lose a turn somewhere to the anarchy. If we can't waste that turn immediately theres no point sacrificing normal production for a single turn of research is there?

Comment

I like that plan of grabbing civil service, but you are not worried we could lose the Great Library? I thought it was a big concern earlier.

The boosted hammers from Bureaucracy would also create a situation whereas we can finish GL 4 turns late from the original plan, BUT without whipping.
                              I suppose it comes down to whats worth more;4 turns faster on GL, or the population of beijing...im undecided on this one
                              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                              X