Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done while waiting for this game to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you done while waiting for this game to start?

Well?

Me personally:

Well, scheduled out the year more or less at work. Several high level meetings and etc. Productivity on my part is probably through the roof...

In my massive spare time waiting around BORED since this game is going nowhere, I've remodelled a room in the house. Tore out the carpet, painted the walls, new trim, etc. New carpet will be installed tomorrow.

I've gotten a third fish tank up and running, cycled, and fairly done stocking it with fish.

And, I've begun serious work on a new mask.

Damn it, we better start before I go tearing out more carpet in room #2...
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

I've written a 32 page preliminary research report that indicates that a meaningful relationship with the Christian God, (walking the walk and talking the talk) is the best measure of overall mental health, and being wealthy is one of the greatest indicators of poor mental health.

It is a longitudinal study done over 40 years (participants are twice my age ) and it is crazy the effects that religion is playing so far in the people's responses etc.

If they publish these preliminary results my name might get on it (probably 5th or 6th as an undergrad) or they will try to continue the study until the participants are like 90 years old, in which case my name won't be on it unless I come back to the same university and take over the research (which I don't wish to do)

Still, 40 years and better overall mental health even when eliminating other factors is astonishing.

It would be cool to test other religions as well, but there really aren't any other ones around here <1% of the population is something besides Christian or Atheist, Central WI is a boring place to conduct research, but this applies doubly well to white people of european descent.
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Playing civ4 and reading the forum.
      Best regards,

Comment

Studying my a$$ off at the university.

...and reading the forum.

...sometimes I get a little bit of sleep.
        Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

I'm rewiring a friend's apartment (in steps, because he's living in it and needs the computer to work mon-fri), among other things.

I've also helped him paint...
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Aged.
            I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I've gotten married, divorced and remarried.

Comment

started a few pbems
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yeah, where are folks meeting up to start those pbem's these days? I'm having a hell of a time getting any going. The PBEM forum is all just tracking.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Got into two PBEMs
                    Got into the HotW5 Diplogame Check it out!
                    Quit my job and got a new one with a 30% salary increase
                    Play SP Civ4

UnO, if you want to start a PBEM just let me know and count me in. Yo can PM me or email me.
                    I'm also interested in playing some "multi session not too big a little faster than epic style" games from 10pm (UTC-4) on weeknights
                    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
                    Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                    Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
                    Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                      Yeah, where are folks meeting up to start those pbem's these days? I'm having a hell of a time getting any going. The PBEM forum is all just tracking.
                      have you started a setup thread in there yet?
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yes, some time ago, and was told that forum is mostly tracking and I should just PM folks I know to start a game. Which would mean lots of games with the same players, so basically lots of the same game.

IMO part of the problem is a startup thread in there will be buried in about 10 hours due to all the tracking threads anyway. Civ III had a seperate tracking forum, and you could see plenty of setup threads on the main. There are currently no set-up threads in the CIV pbem forum, yet new tracking threads pop up constantly. So, where are folks gathering?

Or it's all done PM wise, and maybe folks just don't want to invite a psycho to their pbems.
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

What I have done? Clicking the exit button.
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Remembered to check this forum. Ah, nothing much has changed.

Comment

I have stopped playing civ

Comment

Working...
                              X