Clear All

• Chronicles of Faraway

Bye, bye love.

Bye, Bye happiness.

Comment

Hello emptiness.

Comment

The Old Man

We see a shadowed glen with shallow hills on two sides and trees mostly all about. From a wood frame house, needing paint, a view appears towards a lazy and wide stream that makes a turn just down the hill. Plants and shrubs grow rampant but show the signs of tending. They are pruned “just so,” and present layers of vision descending to the slow moving stream.

The house itself is tiny, with but a bedroom and a front room. Barely room exists for a fireplace and tiny kitchen. But the main room has windows with glass, a rarity for this outpost away from people. Light pours through the glass in the late morning and early afternoon, to drench the room in a glowing abundance. A large chair with rockers is clearly the best place to drowse away these bright and dreamy hours. However, in the start of the morning and the later day the room is inhabited by a rosy glow.

At those times an old, old man might be found to sit at a rude table that is covered, overladen and surrounded by stacks of paper and vellum. There can be found glorious paintings of heroes and of people in frivolity. Also cartoons and acrid testimony. This old man sits with a plume in hand and bottles of ink nearby. Ink stains can be seen on hands, table, floor, chairs and in a wide circle around the table.

As this man sits, a young woman looks in through the door at him. “I brought you some soup today,” she calls with a smile. “What are you working on now?”

He scratches a stubbled cheek with his left hand. “I want to tell a story, but I don’t know where to start. It is a tale of growth and wonder… but also of meanness and deceit. New friends join together to build and old friends become the worst of enemies. It is complicated and I cannot seem to get started.”

“Well,” says the young woman as she picks up a broom, “I never know where to begin when it comes to cleaning out your house, so I just start at the start and go until the work is done.”

“Fine, I’ll go back to the start and see how it grows from there.”

Comment

Big River

-

Comment

Flench's Shelter

--

Comment

Club

---

Comment

Our Task

Thus ends the opening of the tale of Faraway. Flench could be anywhere, or perhaps everywhere. A story needs to begin somewhere. With time it will grow broader and stronger and may perhaps wear itself out.

Many people will have roles to play in this tale and all must work to make it grow. It is the task that we are all charged with.

Golden Bear, Croaker and Chronicler to Faraway

Comment

I'll need time to finish it, looks good so far. (got about 1/2 way)
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

great story Can't wait for the rest of it. I assume this tale will be based on what happens in the demo game (either SP or MP)
                    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Time wasted. Nothing gained and minutes never to be regained.

Comment

Looks promising GB.

Just don't give away too many Sarantium secrets in the upcoming installments.

Comment

Sarantium is a hotbed of secrets... of course we are keeping them from each other. If you learn anything interesting, maybe you could tell me so that I'll know something.

We are currently awaiting our weekly visit from the All-Highest, the Most Sacred Slug, Beta and another from his (useless,) raised by wolves, long lost brother con. Maybe then we will know what we actually think!

Remember this one?

"tremble, tremble."

Ah, those were happy times!

Golden Bear, Chronicler for Faraway

Comment

Golden Bear, great story, I hope I can read more of this. It gave a great feeling of a Civ4 start and made me want to go home and start playing
                            Neo Voxian and
                            President and founder of the Apolyton Yact Club.

Comment

Thank you jagjef. I'll keep this story going until we have some real activity to write about. Hopefully, you and others will continue to enjoy it.

A new addition follows...

Comment

Working...
                              X