Availability in the Netherlands/Belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Availability in the Netherlands/Belgium

Cheapest I've found so far (not counting international sites which require credit cards <b></b>)

gcshop.nl

Price: €39,50
    Date: 3/11

Share your finds!
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

The official release date is November 3rd, confirmed by take2.

I am going to order from the UK, play.com.

They claim I will receive it on the release date in uk, 28th Oct, in the Netherlands! wow, if they pull that off it would be very cool!
    You have now entered the Civilization IV era!
    A guide to City Specialization
    Building Elite Units
    "I pledge addiction to Civ4 of Firaxis Games in America, and to 2K Games which publishes it: one franchise under Sid, inescapable, with certainty of "One More Turn(TM)" for all!" - The Pledge of Addiction

Comment

A gaming shop in my town offers it for sale as well on the 28th.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

How come it's so cheap btw?

Geo: where is that?

@Locutus: would you mind changing the topic's title to include Flanders? Too few people to make a seperate thread for it and maybe either a couple of Dutchies or Belgians might profit from it (living close to the border).
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I think it will be available in all of Europe at the same time. The date used to be 3/11, now more and more sites are starting to report 28/10. We'll see, but it will probably be one date or the other, regardless of where you buy it.

Originally posted by alva
          How come it's so cheap btw?
          GC shop? It's non-profit. By gamers for gamers

Comment

But play.com (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=...PC&title=688285) has the game for just €29 including free delivery to the Netherlands/Belgium, so that's even €10,50 cheaper. True, you need a creditcard, but that's no problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
              Geo: where is that?
              In the Gamemania shops. Their website says it will be available on that day. You can find a list with all their shops in Flanders on http://www.gamemania.be/go2/index.php

Take a look in the "Verwacht" section, you'll spot CIVIV there.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Anakha
                But play.com (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=...PC&title=688285) has the game for just €29 including free delivery to the Netherlands/Belgium, so that's even €10,50 cheaper. True, you need a creditcard, but that's no problem for me.
                It's 27 pounds, that's not 29 euro.
                Still cheap though!
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Play.com is GBP 17 or EUR 29, which is very cheap indeed.

On CivFanatics you can find this thread where all international pre-order sites with valid URL's are listed, including NL, BE and EU.

Comment

Yes, play.com is very cheap, so much so that I'm not sure if I should trust them (GC shop is non-profit and they can't offer it for that kind of money). I would certainly like to hear the experiences of people who are using that site.

But the biggest problem is that they require a credit card, which isn't exactly a very common form of payment in the Netherlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                      Yes, play.com is very cheap, so much so that I'm not sure if I should trust them (GC shop is non-profit and they can't offer it for that kind of money). I would certainly like to hear the experiences of people who are using that site.

But the biggest problem is that they require a credit card, which isn't exactly a very common form of payment in the Netherlands.
                      I have heard various excellent reviews on play.com from people who have used it frequently.
                      If you want a more domestic solution, go to the thread I mentioned and check out the link for cd-wow in the Netherlands. They offer Civ4 for 28.99 incl. shipping within Europe and beyond and for Dutch residents they offer the convenience of an eenmalige machtiging, for instance.

Comment

my friends got their guild wars for 18 quid from play. com, no complaints there. Ive got no idea about there ability to ship on time though.
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

It is a common form of payment overhere, I use a credit card and I know a lot of people who do so.
                          It's just not as common as outside The Netherlands.

Why don't you go outside and get a credit card yourself, it's not difficult And it works great, I can tell you!
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

As others have mentioned already, creditcard usage is really quite common in the Netherlands. I don't know too many people who don't have one, apart from teenagers. It's not as widespread as in the US, for example, but certainly not as rare as you make it out to be. The first question many of my customers ask me is usually 'is it possible to pay by creditcard?'.

If you don't have a creditcard yourself, I'm sure you can make a deal with someone who does, where you transfer the money to their bank account and they order the game for you, having it shipped directly to your address.

Comment

I worked for a helpdesk for several years and I'd say 80-90% of the people who needed to pay for something (repair, extra warranty, upgrades, whatever) didn't have a credit card. IRL I know many people, but only 1 or 2 who I know to have a credit card, many more I know not to have one.

I can't get a credit card myself, you need to have proof of a steady income when applying for one, which I cannot provide.

Comment

Working...
                              X