No announcement yet.

EBgames: 10/25 release date (official?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBgames: 10/25 release date (official?)

I posted the following question to EBgames :

Code:
    I would like to confirm/verify the date this title is expected to be in 
    store.  Firaxis/TakeTwo have identified 10/24/05 (Monday), while your 
    site now shows 10/25/05 (Tuesday).  Will the game be available on 10/24 
    (Monday)?  If not, I'd like to know how to cancel my pre-order, as I can
    obtain it on monday at another retailer. 

Thanks!
    and got the following response:

Hello Joe,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.
    EBgames.com works tirelessly with game publishers to ensure accurate
    release dates on our site. Occasionally, publishers decide to delay
    production to improve quality or add new features. Sometimes dates move
    forward; more often they move back and frequently they get changed more
    than once.

If a game is scheduled for release far in the future, the publisher may
    not even give us a date. In those cases we rely on the collective wisdom
    of our buying staff to estimate a date based on their knowledge of the
    industry and the publisher's history.

We guarantee that we will always post the best information provided by
    publishers. We know that you want that hot new game yesterday and we
    want to be the company that gets it to you quicker than anyone else.

Sir the date we have on are site is the day that it is coming out for
    all retailers.
    That's crud of course, as we know, and i sent them a response listing every site i could find (each of which indicated 10/24) ... and a request to cancel my pre-order. Gamestop has finally listed the title (i have a gamestop closer than the ebgames) so this works out in my advantage
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

If you go to gamestop's pc games page (http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp?sect=2) the spot for Civ 4 says "Ships 10/25". I get the feeling EB just does a better job updating their site. Plus - these are shipping dates, so you need to add a day for actual delivery.

I'm not counting on actually having the game in my hands until the 26th.

Still - I would have cancelled the pre-order as well just because I never pre-order games. EB and Gamestop both have overnight shipping to their stores and will have the game within one day of release.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

OK who is saying it will be AVAILABLE (not shipped) on the 24th? I thought tuesdays are the traditional release day in the US?

Or do you have a "deal" with a local retailor and if he has it in hand on monday he is going to let you pick it up??????

We need more INFO! 24 hours is absoulutely critical at this point
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

In the past, when big title games came out, EB most of time had them on day 1. But there was a couple of times when they did not receive them until the next day.

Software Etc normally don't get games until day 2 or 3. Software is going to console games more and more. I was in their store in Fairfield Mall last weekend and their PC section was about 3 feet wide and 6 feet tall. The rest of the store was X-Box, etc.
        There were only two games that I saw that had two or more boxes. All of the rest were 1 box of each.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
          OK who is saying it will be AVAILABLE (not shipped) on the 24th? I thought tuesdays are the traditional release day in the US?

Or do you have a "deal" with a local retailor and if he has it in hand on monday he is going to let you pick it up??????

We need more INFO! 24 hours is absoulutely critical at this point
          I got Pirates in the mail on day 1.
          The same day as it was shipped.

Comment

MarkG was pretty insistent that the game would be available on 10/24/05 ... and yes, Tuesday is the traditional date in the US, so it sort of surprised me too. But i'm going with MarkG until I know a reason not to ...

Comment

And Con- 24 hours IS crucial, for me. I don't work on Mondays; I work on Tuesdays. One place is more convenient for monday pickup, and one is much more so for tuesday (Gamestop is on the way home from work).

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                And Con- 24 hours IS crucial, for me. I don't work on Mondays; I work on Tuesdays. One place is more convenient for monday pickup, and one is much more so for tuesday (Gamestop is on the way home from work).
                Your life sounds way to complicated right now. Quit your job and go on unemployment. Dump your girlfriend. Maintain that for about a month and you should be good to go
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

/me reminds himself not to listen to Conmcb anymore ...

... oh wait, anymore?

Comment

Dude it would solve all your CIV IV issues, jmust trust me on this one OK?

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                      Dude it would solve all your CIV IV issues, jmust trust me on this one OK?

Last time we were together..YOU know who showed up

COPS..Raid..

But to remain on topic I got miune from Amazon and they are still showing in Novemeber

oh well..at least I can read the rantings..lol

In the meantime..I once wore proudly this Patch and Emblem...
                      so..

I shall choose the Native Americans to command

and like Ming...shall close down all alcohol establishments on my Reservation
                      Attached Files
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

due to all the information about available, shipping, and receiving dates...

I assume I'll get mine from Amazon reasonable quickly -- I often receive shipments from them prior to delivery date. I'm a cheap-o and took the "super saver" shipping. yes, free.

I just won't visit 'Poly for a few days, so you guys won't ruin the surprise for me!
                        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Last time we were together..YOU know who showed up

COPS..Raid..
                          Dude speak for yourself

Im trust trying to help my homeboy with a complicated homelife.

Comment

I just wish this business made any sense ... in the Book industry, major titles are announced for a specific day months ahead of time, and they come out in all stores everywhere at the same time. By major titles, i mean around 1,000 titles a year ... and in the Music industry, EVERY title (well, every title from the major labels) has a specific date it's allowed to be out on ...

... yet in computer games, they don't know what day it'll be out on even a week before release

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              I just wish this business made any sense ... in the Book industry, major titles are announced for a specific day months ahead of time, and they come out in all stores everywhere at the same time. By major titles, i mean around 1,000 titles a year ... and in the Music industry, EVERY title (well, every title from the major labels) has a specific date it's allowed to be out on ...

... yet in computer games, they don't know what day it'll be out on even a week before release
                              It sucks, I got some vacation days coming that I have to "use or lose" and I have to schedule them ahead of time. So when CIV IV was released I wanted to take a day off and go to Borders for the day, FuFu coffee and Civ

But now Im not sure what day I should take off, I may wait till thursday just to be sure

Comment

Working...
                              X