No announcement yet.

EC3 Fix # 4 - DIPLOMACY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if this was noted already, I couldn't find it...anyway, I think that it is disappointing in Civ 2 how the computer can do such things as:
    1. declare war on you through diplomacy
    2. demand that you either withdraw your troops or renounce the treaty, not even having to go through the diplomacy screen.

These are just two additions...

------------------
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Comment

I see a few problems with the civilization II diplomacy screen.

First you have no real diplomatic objective, I would love to be able to have a diplomatic "Victory", as well as being able to perform special diplomatic feats, such as obolishing all slavery in the world, establishing a universal world bank, obolishing human sacrifice, or spreading a world religion across the globe.

Second I need a way to do massive economic trades through diplomacy, I'll give you 1000 gold, a map of australia, and a phalanx in exchange for the city of Berlin. Massive trades give diplomacy a bite, especially if your in a position of power.

Third treaties should have to be negotiated, not just be some standard (boring) peace treaty or alliance. If I have more power then you the treaty might give me rights to travel through your territory, require you to pay me tribute each turn, etc . . . You might include being willing to sign a treaty as part of a trade; I'll sign that nasty treaty if . . . .

Fourth we need a better espionage system built into the diplomacy model, why should I trade for something if I can steal it why declare war if I can smuggle good out and embezzle from the treasury? Pirate their fleets? Incite revolts? Free their slaves?

Comment

Working...
      X