Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about if single player civ3 had the same diplomatic system as multiplayer SMAC. Instead of typing a message, both the computer and the human could chose a message to send from a list. Both the human and the computer would have the same list so that both sides get the same option. The list should be as long as possible to cover as many possibilities as possible ( the most important ones since every possibility cannot be covered. The messages would range from demands, declaration of wars, requests in exchange for what you are offering ans simple statements.
    This type of diplomacy is excellent because there is the negotiation aspect. offer, counter offer etc...

Comment

We're still waiting on a summary! Who's been following this thread closely? Eggman? Flavor Dave? NotLikeTea?
      "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

Eggman--that joke will become old as soon as I stop seeing ideas that make it appropriate.;-)

That's probably a pretty good idea, to have diplomacy affect your own happiness. I would like to see a small, temporary bonus for a democracy that is sneak-attacked. Perhaps 5 turns of a police-station effect (and if you already have Women's Suffrage, that would mean NO unhappiness from units in the field.) Your military advisor would jump in before the last turn of this effect and say, "Sir, I think the men need to be rotated home."

Also, even under communism or fundy, there should be some penalty for you being aggressive. At the least, the aggressor in a war loses the trade income from trade routes. Perhaps, under communism, the effects of martial law are halved for 5 turns.

Comment

EnochF: You are absolutely right. I have been negletting this thread. I'm sorry.

But, now I just updated the list, to thread "ver2.0" I hope you all can read it and comment on flaws. (My email: Jerri@iki.fi) I've spent last night and this morning reading them.

Please move over to: DIPLOMACY ver2.0

------------------
          Thread master for DIPLOMACY:
          Jeje2

<font size=1 color=444444>[This message has been edited by Jeje2 (edited June 19, 1999).]</font>

Comment

Working...
          X