Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times has Civ3 handed you your head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times has Civ3 handed you your head?

How many times has the game beat you like a rented mule?

You know, you're about to complete that GreatLibrary and things are going really swell. Then that wall of Immortals shows up on the border (or Jags, or Legions, or MWs, etc.). Or... supply your own horror story...

Mine? Well... Hmmm. It's too embarassing to say... OK, OK... I'm Roman, see. And this Ghandi guy lays a whooping on me like I'll never want to live through again. No, no... that never happened.

OK. The map. I've been betrayed by geography and politics more than once. Last time I was between the English and Americans. Only I was too far away from either for a good, effective Ancient war. They were the only ones I bordered. I eventually went to war with the Americans because I needed more room and they were sitting in *my* room. The Japanese and the Zulus go to war with me, but they are way too far away to effect me, so it's after Abe I go. I didn't have an overly large army. Just big enough for the tasks at hand. The war is going well. Several American cities fall before the might of Rome. Then BANG. A wall of Zulu Cavalry and Knights come pouring through the American frontier right into my lap.

Lesson: never, ever ignore any AI civ at war with you. Always enlist allies against any AI civ that declares war on you. It is relatively cheap. Much cheaper than the loss of an Empire.

Salve
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Working...
X