This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weak state of this forum really says a lot

It shows this game is really not going to survive for the longterm and become a classic - unless Firaxis fixes some fundamental problems.

Years after Civ II came out new strategies were being developed. This forum is stagnant only a couple of months after release of the game. That is telling.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

well..there is only so much you can do in this version.Not nearly as many paths to victory despite more ways of winning.

The game is not very complex in nature.That is by design.Its like a luv affair that fizzles after 2 weeks but you still run into each other now and then for a boink
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Smash

The game is not very complex in nature.That is by design.Its like a luv affair that fizzles after 2 weeks but you still run into each other now and then for a boink
      lol. A great line.

What you say is undoubtedly true. However, I have already played this game more than any I have bought for a while, and there is still more strategy here than in a lot of so-called strategy games. I for one am happy I bothered to play civ3, despite its faults.

Comment

its not a horrible game....although aside from graphics,it seems a step back from civ2.In almost every area.
        The only "improved" area I see is Diplomacy.And here,I think they went too far.Too much game time is spent in that series of screens.

New stuff I like are strategic resources,great leaders and capturing of units.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Perhaps everyone is waiting for Eyes of night to give us some new stategies.

You could always help with some new ideas Horse
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Dunno, was the Civ II strategy board overrun by malcontents and whiners? Might have something to do with it.

BTW, the CivFanatics strategy board is livelier. Maybe the moderators for these boards should be a little more proactive about the whiner problem.
            Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Better to take the warts with the roses, as someone or other should have once said.

I'll take a lively debate any day over a stilted, censored affair.

What does not kill us makes us stronger. Yes, some one actually said something like that in a movie at least once.

Salve
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

horsie, you're off-topic for this forum....

but then again you already know this
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ironikinit
                  BTW, the CivFanatics strategy board is livelier.
                  actually, it's not
                  just compare the first page of each forum....
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X