AOL problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL problems

As I followed the forums before purchasing PTW, I was happy playing singleplayer and a PBEM game. Then when the 114 patch came out, decided to try multiplayer. Froze when joining & hosting. Then checked the read me file:

NOTE: AOL users will find it difficult to join multiplayer games and impossible to host games. AOL is currently working on changes to make on-line gaming easier. Contact AOL as to current status and workarounds.

Oh this is nice
    So I am in the first few weeks of a free 2 month cable connection. I called the cable tech and they said, ya it probably won't work. Maybe with the dial up. Tried to set up my software so I could use dialup also but it was difficult.
    So I would like to know if people are having any luck with AOL working in multiplayer, in dialup or cable connection. So I will know if is worth my while to try to use AOL dialup. So I wonder if it is just cable connection or dialup also. The cable connection is lame because they make you go through their software before connecting to the internet.
Working...
X