Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firaxis, Will Civs No Longer Be Rigidly Grouped By Color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arator

You obviously can't see the possible implications of not haveing rigit color groups. I agree with the random colors, but only in certain instances.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Colors and civs definitely need to be seperated. We had ways on this forum to distinguish 32 different civs just in case Firaxis allowed us to do so. Now if we have 16 civs there is no way that we should lose 8 that we can't play with because we have the other one in the color selected. I don't think Firaxis would do that to us.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Wow, I never even realized that limitation was there. I agree with the original post.
        "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

As long as we don't use the CTP "ever-blue" style
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by ember
            I strongly agree with the national flags idea. When too many colours are used, It can become very difficult for colour-deficient people (like myself) to tell the units of two civilizations apart...
            This is, of course, a bad thing.
            Here here! I started a thread to address this topic a while ago. No definite conclusions were reached, and of course we heard nothing from Firaxis, but the issue is quite important to the chromatically challenged. We're handicapped and we need help. At the very least, ensuring that we can identify a unit's civilization by right-clicking the unit would be invaluable.

Comment

The flags sound like a good idea. Another one would be stadards (lie the roman eagle) But how would each unit hold the flag?
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                The flags sound like a good idea. Another one would be stadards (lie the roman eagle) But how would each unit hold the flag?
                The phalanx would have it on his shield. The tank would have it painted on the front of the vechile. A plane on the wing. A chariot would have it on the side of it.

Firaxis might have to be creative but they could put it on the actual units.
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Well, it might get a little small (i think the phalanx already has something on its shield anyway) Also, how are you going to put a flag on ship without it being too small?

Comment

Wouldn't editing city.txt file or using St. Leo's Tribe Editor accomplish the same thing ? Why not have it built into the new game ?
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I do like the idea of being able to choose my own country's color at the beginning of the game!
                      Last edited by Wittlich; May 25, 2001, 15:08.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Definitley Needed

This should be in the game, for it is supposed to be an improvement- it does not seem as if this feature would take too long for the programmers to implement.

In fact, you should be able to choose from a whole pastel of colors for your civs- at least 24 choices are needed.
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Re: Definitley Needed

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                          This should be in the game, for it is supposed to be an improvement- it does not seem as if this feature would take too long for the programmers to implement.

In fact, you should be able to choose from a whole pastel of colors for your civs- at least 24 choices are needed.
                          Indeed, and there ought to be an alternative colour for the barbarians, so we can choose red if we want to. Ideal for us commies!
                          A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to mix-and-match the civilisations without being constrained by the colour groups they belong to. Something that in the present day isn't really necessary.
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

As long as they keep the editing mech simple, like in CivII MGE even a computer illiterate like me can place any civs into the line up. The entire editing mech should be as user friendly as possible.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Bump to Dan from Firaxis!
                                My most wanted Civ III civ which was missing from Civ II: the ARABS!

Comment

Working...
                                X