X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III pics at FGNOL...

...some of these we've seen, some we haven't. Nonetheless, check it here:
    http://www.fgnonline.com/pc/news/18531.html
    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Nothing new but a few of the leader pics. Nice thing is though that these are very high reolution compared to the magazine scans. Things look much crisper and brighter.

Comment

Units cast nice shadow on terrain (probably I missed it before, because of darker images". Two new leaders: a Redskin (I forget which will be in: Sioux, Iroquese...) and... a Mongoul? Ghengis Kahn, may be. Heck, I'm out of reach of any history book just now.

Thanks for links, fluxcapacitor.

------------------
      Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Hey Admiral:
        'Redskin' is up there with the n-word. Prefered term is 'Native American', or if you must 'indian' or 'amerindian' (I avoid these given all the Indians -from India - I deal with).

Comment

The Native American leader is definatly part of the Iroquois tribe. Upon closer inspection of the hut in the background it is possible to make an educated guess that he is part of the Algonquin Tribe, hope this clears anything up.
          Du sublime
          au ridicule,
          il n'y a qu'un pas-Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

DemSock is correct about the Iroquois Brave, and since he lives in New York I will go along with the tribe.

------------------

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mister Pleasant on 05-15-2001 04:56 AM
              Hey Admiral:
              'Redskin' is up there with the n-word. Prefered term is 'Native American', or if you must 'indian' or 'amerindian' (I avoid these given all the Indians -from India - I deal with).

Thanks for correction. I know you have a Football team named Redskins, so I supposed was acceptable to use it
              I also know "indian" can be confused with India, still Native Americans sounds a bit like a "legal" (politically correct mask) label here in Italy, but I'll stick with any name they like
              My apologies if any Native American out there feel I insulted him/her.
              [This message has been edited by Adm.Naismith (edited May 16, 2001).]
              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
              X