X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by tniem on 04-16-2001 11:50 AM
    I find the most frustrating thing about PBEM games is that it takes so long to get going. You move one unit and tell your city to build something and then you have to wait for your opponent to do the same and send it back to you.

I think it would be a great addition if you allowed PBEM games to start as a LAN game, allowing all participants to work the early part of the game for a couple of hours before carrying on to the more strategic part of the game. This first part of the PBEM game would end either by a default time setting or when one person has to leave. From then on, the game becomes a normal PBEM game.

P.S. I also believe that diplomacy must be handled by the player him/herself. Without it all this, let's make diplomacy more important is useless.

I agree with this wholey, maybe even make it so that you can convert to either one at any time so that if all players have some time alloted the game can go from a PBEM to a LAN game for a while, then back to PBEM, when time constraints become a factor.

ADDED NOTE: I didn't know this topic was started over a year ago! I'm sure the interface has been decided upon by now *blush*
    [This message has been edited by bigfree1 (edited May 03, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by markusf on 05-02-2001 10:22 AM
      That 7 player game with your map... ahem 8 wonders at 100 ad 7 players... everyone else has what, 3 wonders combined?

Ahhh, we are talking about ONE game are we now
      The one where you are at the top of the pg with me closely behind...........LOL!

I don't need Wonders! Hardly ever build them. Maybe Leo and Hoover.

------------------
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*
      aka: half-assed dieticians
      icq# 8388924

Comment

If there are unique civ attributes or other elements that give certain civs advantages over others there should be a way to turn them off. We spend alot of time restarting games now just because someone gets extra techs. In multiplayer, players want things to be as equal as possible so that outcomes are determined by player ability and not luck.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by deity on 05-05-2001 06:45 AM
          Ahhh, we are talking about ONE game are we now
          The one where you are at the top of the pg with me closely behind...........LOL!

I don't need Wonders! Hardly ever build them. Maybe Leo and Hoover.

Oh come on you think the power graph actually means anything? When someone has 3 times the science rate and 2 times the cities of everyone else they are going to win. If i went into WLTKD for 10 turns and totally dominated the pg, what would that prove? Would mean i couldn't drop my luxeries back down to 10% and i couldn't reasearch anything. PG is the most useless way of telling if someone is winning.
          Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
          and kill them!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Deity Dude on 05-10-2001 05:11 PM
            If there are unique civ attributes or other elements that give certain civs advantages over others there should be a way to turn them off. We spend alot of time restarting games now just because someone gets extra techs. In multiplayer, players want things to be as equal as possible so that outcomes are determined by player ability and not luck.

Oh come on, i play red alert, i play starcraft etc. most games have different factions with unique units. One guy gets a cool tank another guy an airplane and another guy gets a science bonus etc. Those games wouldn't be so successful if it didn't work

Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
            and kill them!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by markusf on 05-11-2001 10:10 AM
              Oh come on, i play red alert, i play starcraft etc. most games have different factions with unique units. One guy gets a cool tank another guy an airplane and another guy gets a science bonus etc. Those games wouldn't be so successful if it didn't work

I would have to concur. The reason in my opinion that Firaxis is putting unique civs in the game is because they feel that it is going to add to the multiplayer element.

In that token, having an option to randomly pick civs for each player is a must. It will force players to be able to play multiple techniques with multiple unique civs so that no matter what civ they get the player can adapt. If unique civs are in the game, randomly assigned civs is a must have option for multiplayer.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

i want to see a thing similiar to batle.net easy to use easy to find a game and start it quickly to.. but i also think you should have a Instant messanging buddy service built in and a save game option so you can continue games with the same person(s)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by markusf on 05-11-2001 10:06 AM
                  Oh come on you think the power graph actually means anything? When someone has 3 times the science rate and 2 times the cities of everyone else they are going to win. If i went into WLTKD for 10 turns and totally dominated the pg, what would that prove? Would mean i couldn't drop my luxeries back down to 10% and i couldn't reasearch anything. PG is the most useless way of telling if someone is winning.

I agree about the pg and I know this is a tangent to the thread but I just had a quick look at the last save and you have 24 cities and I have 18 - you tend to exagerate
                  And, even if you are correct (doubtful), the Science Rate is not a measure in itself. There are the Science bonuses too. Your analysis is so simplistic.... LOL... then there is the military side and alliances
                  I'm first in pop, production and very advanced with irrigation - can churn out settlers and caravans for rapid expansion and trade...
                  Gosh, if I got the huge river matrix start you got the game would be over!
                  Hope we can continue it when agharta is free from study.

------------------
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                  aka: half-assed dieticians
                  icq# 8388924

Comment

Jeff...need any more help with MP??

Comment

Thanks Jeff, this is some excellent PR with your dedicated fanboy wing.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

you must be really bored gp.....
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                        X