Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by lord of the mark on 05-02-2001 03:46 PM
    Ok, if you're a demo, and have had a close contest for power with a commie, and you have won (peacefully) and the other guy has gone demo, and you are now easily Supreme, but he has lots of "einsteins" who specialized in military tech (see einstein specialization rules) and you think they might be tempted to design more weapons, or go off and work for fundie regimes which are dying to get rocketry, you build ISS and this provides employment to said einsteins.

Unfortunately i dont think ISS is being used to the max in this regard .

LOTM

I see you share my opinions about the ISS.
    Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral PJ on 05-02-2001 09:12 PM
      How about Womans Suffrrage? This is the main Wonder I always tried to get, to get an easy to use republic, and make Democracy gov's a bit more feasible(without tonnes of micromanagement).

I think it should be a minor wonder, as every country in the real world has the Vote for woman, and gets it at different times.
      I assume minor wonders can be built by all the countries, not just one.. thats my interpretation of them.

And what about minority suffrage? The end of slavery? Should every additional right that has been given be a wonder but instead a more complex social engineering screen where you control classes in your country. Being to strict would lead to rebellion.

quote:

Perhaps they could need some money support too, which would make sense for some. The hanging gardens need employees to water it and to maintain the irrigation systems.

But how would women's suffrage your main proposal for minor wonders cost money?

quote:

I think the ISS could help you make peace and share research with other countries maybe.. perhaps help to build space components and starships in the future end of the game ( I hope they go into the future quite a bit, a lot will happen til the year 2020! )

Good suggestion. The ISS should probably be used as a way of cementing your allies, but if you need to do that you have probably already won the game or are pretty close to doing so. Not sure ISS should be included in the game. So late that it wouldn't seem to have that much effect.

About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Well womans suffrage might not be a wonder that would need upkeep, though it could if its seen as the giving(theres a better word for it) of the vote to the general population.. and could cost money to pay for the Elections, getting woman voted and organising voting booths for everyone..

Though I would too prefer a SMACish sociology screen, where Womans Vote
        would be more advanced.. maybe creating less police control powers (-1 on policing- some negative value would be interesting anyway, though i'm for democracy generally ) but increasing efficiency and makign production/money creation greater.. where woman and the poor become more involved with society, all working.

I really think it should stay a minor wonder or even major, then afterwards you can choose thise sociology choice? its too important to be a mere sociological choice.

Proportional Democracy is better than the current form most elections use, this should be put in civ3.. doubling the effect of womans suffrage perhaps, giving a bonus to the economy and happiness? maybe not that much of a bonus..

I also hope the game end will be extended, otherwise slow games you don't always get all the techs and can't conquer everyone (you could probably do the ics method to win well to 2020 but thats not the only way to win)

As you can see from the length, now quantity of posts i prefer the lazy expansioin route

Admiral Pete

Comment

Working...
        X