No announcement yet.

The Good of Civ III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my personal opinion but I believe that everyone posting on this forum believes that Firaxis is doing a fantastic job and is looking forward to Civ III. However, that does not mean we do not have problems with some of the decisions that they made nor does it mean we won't voice these problems.

To voice a complaint, many times you need to have a reason to even worry about it. What I mean is that if people really hated how Civ III was coming along they would just give up on it and not be posting here on Apolyton. For me voicing criticism is my way of telling Firaxis that I am still on board and still am planning on purchasing Civ III. You do your job and I'll continue to give you feedback. Firaxis knows this and wants our feedback positive and negative. So for the people that feel criticising Firaxis isn't good for us to be doing, I'd just say that is what Firaxis wants us to be doing.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Oh and what am I absolutely positively excited for?

CULTURES, NATIONALITIES, and CORPORATIONS
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Some of the things i like the sound of so far:

The use of a Culture value,
        Minor Tribes,
        Special Civ Bonuses,
        Special Units (german panzers etc.. this could be good if balanced out or just put in optionally even)
        Many more unit subclasses (like old tanks/advanced tanks/light scout tanks which seems to be in i hope) ,
        Proper Resource/Trade management (trade embargoes?) ,
        Many ways of winning,
        Curvy polygon landscape,
        3d Voxel units (hopefully),
        Animated Units (hopefully decent battle animations too)
        This thread,
        etc

I hope they keep in SMAC's multi leveled unit ranking system, so units can go from Green status to Regular to Vetaran then Elite,
        not just Green/Veteran like the old civs, I feel STRONGLY about that.

Admiral Pete

Comment

Any more news on Corporations? that would be great if it could be included,

Comment

No, Tniem I agree with you that there does need to be negative feed back towards Firaxis so they can get an idea of what the customers want. I'm saying that we should tell Firaxis some of the things we like that they said will be in the game. Meaning some of the things we like right now could still be taken out. Such as when Sid said there would be minor civs we're not sure if they still have those in or not. Most likely they won't take anything out if there is good response from it. Same as if there is a lot of negative feed back on something they might take that out. Also I was interested in hearing some of the things people find most intriguing of the new additions to the game.

P.S. Don't say negative and positive feedback comes around here it's just like when news stations use this advertisement phrase of "we touch base on the good and the bad of the world." Oh yeah, if you consider, talking about the bad for 29 minutes and talking about the good for 1 minute, touching base on the good and the bad. So this thread is the one minute of good here.
            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Good:
              1. Armies
              2. Bombarding
              3. Cultural model
              4. Graphics
              5. Improved trade model
              6. Borders
              7. ICS limited
              8. Wonders fixed - some new, fewer overall, national projects

Bad: Only 7 civs

Very, very bad: Unique race charecteristics
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
              X