• Show
Clear All

• Looks like Civ 3 Might have some competition

http://ee.heavengames.com/

Empire Earth looks pretty good to me.

------------------
    Its cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere

I'm all alone, more or less.

It looks more like a more epic Age of Empires then Civ to me. Civ is about strategy and planning. Empire Earth is RTS tactical.

Comment

If you want competition, try Europa Universalis.

Comment

Chances are it is alot more like Age of Empires.

"From the lead designer of Age of Empires® comes Empire EarthTM a real-time strategy game that lets you control the destiny of a fledgling civilization through 500,000 years of human history. "

--from the official site at http://www.sierrastudios.com/games/e...th/index2.html
        "Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Comment

Yeah, it's RTS; the Age of Kings forums are buzzing about it. Try EE University if you want to know a little more.

Btw, AoK is pretty strategic. I'll probably get both, dependant on what I hear on the various fora.

[This message has been edited by Simpson II (edited April 21, 2001).]
          "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
          - Samuel Palmer

Comment

Just have to say Europa Universalis is no competittion for any CIV game.... even the CTP games are better then that game.... got bored after playing it one day.

aCa
            aCa (a Civilization addict)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by aCa on 04-21-2001 06:52 PM
              Just have to say Europa Universalis is no competittion for any CIV game.... even the CTP games are better then that game.... got bored after playing it one day.

aCa

Ugh! Comparing CTP to EU is like comparing poop to gold.
              But seriously, if you only played it for one day are you sure you really had gotten in to it by that time? I know I didn't fully understand/mastered it all until after a week or two.

The rivers shall run to the sea,
              While shadows shall move across the valleys of mountains,
              While the heavens shall nourish the stars,
              Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Christmann on 04-21-2001 08:14 PM
                Ugh! Comparing CTP to EU is like comparing poop to gold.
                But seriously, if you only played it for one day are you sure you really had gotten in to it by that time? I know I didn't fully understand/mastered it all until after a week or two.
                say, you're not being paid by paradox or something, right?

Comment

Sadly no..

However, the way I see it is this: The more copies paradox sells, the greater the chance of them making a sequel becomes.
                  The rivers shall run to the sea,
                  While shadows shall move across the valleys of mountains,
                  While the heavens shall nourish the stars,
                  Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.

Comment

I agree, EU is better than CTP.

And empire earth is gonna be a great game too. but it's not the same kind of game that civ is. it might cover the same topics, but it's not the same. it will be RTS, from what i understand, it will be a more guided game, like AoE was, with certain objectives, like scenarios. civ is so much more open ended than that.
                    -connorkimbro
                    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

CTP better than EU! ROFLOL! EU is like gold, man. Like Civ during 1492-1792 on steroids!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                      X