Play Civ3 in a window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Civ3 in a window

I hope they allow Civ3 to be played in a window, not full screen. Of course, the option to do either would be best, but I like to have easy access to email, Winamp, AIM. Civ2 has that, and it's really convenient.

Gary

Well SMAC took up the whole screen, but Winamp, if put at "always on top" will still be shown. Also if you have a "start button" key on the keyboard, you could still acess things, though you are right, I wouldn't mind keeping email open and visible while playing the game.

Comment

CTP is also played fullscreen. In case I need to open other applications/programs (I sometimes have to that) I'll have to quit the game, pretty unhandy.
      I hope things will stay the "windows"way as they are now
      [This message has been edited by Vrank Prins (edited April 20, 2001).]

Comment

People on Windows system don't know the magic keys combo : Alt Tab ??
        Zobo Ze Warrior
        --
        Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

yah, all you have to do is hit alt-tab, and that pauses and minimizes the civ 3 screen and brings up the next application (desktop if there are no other applications open). In your case, it would bring up your e-mail for you. If you hold alt after hitting alt-tab, it brings up a little window with icons for all the open applications and tapping tab (still holding alt) cycles through the icons (actually I think this is a win 98 or higher addition).
          I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

I know Alt-Tab works, I was just saying that it's more convenient to just run it in a window. And, at least with Half-Life, the sounds gets killed when I Alt-Tab out of it. No other games, though.

Gary

Comment

also, when I alt-tab SMAC, the colors often get screwed up

Comment

alt+tab often screws up graphics and messes up the game if you do it during a multiplayer, and sometimes when you play single player for smac. I had to close icq and most of the other stuff. It would be much better if it where windows, but on the other hand it may kind of get rid of the "civ" feeling. If SMAC were a window the graphics would be overshadowed and it would look cheesy.

Comment

Strangely SMAC refused to accept alt+tab combo on my system. I tried lot of times to explain it to others players: "no I'm not a newbie that doesn't know Alt+Tab, thank you for asking".

------------------
                  Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
                  "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                  - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
                  X