Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by dognheat on 04-13-2001 01:54 PM
    I am not sure if this has been brought up before, but one thing that has been getting on my nerves lately is what happens in games when your empire gets too powerful.

try ctp2. it's AIs has been accused of doing the exact opposite of what you describe

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MarkG on 04-14-2001 03:21 PM
      try ctp2. it's AIs has been accused of doing the exact opposite of what you describe

See that is kinda what I am afraid of. While having war declared upon you by everybody for no reason sucks ass, it is the primary method movement in the latter part of the game. I am at least glad that the developers of ctp2 recognized the problem, but not filling the void with anything isnt going to be any better. I mean take a look at real life, everybody hates America/Americans, but there is no all out war. Skirmishes, limited conflicts, and clandestine behind the scenes espionage are the order of the day. This is what I hope we will see a greater emphasis on in civ III.

------------------
      *PLOP*

[This message has been edited by dognheat (edited April 14, 2001).]
      *PLOP*

Comment

I never really minded having everyone ally against me in civ2. It was tons of fun in one game where I was the spanish and went on fundy and battled all the other civs who surrounded me on the same continent. It just doesn't get any better than guarding your territory from 6 very angry AIs. Also, I got behind in tech that game and it was even more fun stealing tech and trying to prevent a nuclear war by sabotaging their missle production.

In other games, though, I got too powerful for even the AIs combined efforts to stop and the game just got really boring since I knew I was gonna win easily, even though I gave all the comps all the tech I had and lots of money. After playing for 10-20 hours (I can't keep track of time spent on civ games ), its a loss if the game becomes an assured win. The most fun part of the game is the modern age and to miss the heat of that because you become too powerful takes all the fun away.

The AI really needs to be improved and then this will be solved. Also, there should be a new difficulty level that becomes extremely hard if you are doing well but much easier if you are doing poorly. This could really help take away the frustration of trying to find a competitive end-game.

Comment

Working...
        X