Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial Poll 1: Do you want to keep the Demographics page in Civ2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's cool. But I could take it or leave it.

------------------
    I'm on your case. I'm in your face. I'll beat you & your father back in place. Step off sucker, understand!?!? Don't you know??? I"M THE MAN!!!
    I'm on your case. I'm in your face. I'll beat you & your father back in place. Step off sucker, understand!?!? Don't you know??? I"M THE MAN!!!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cyclotron7 on 04-04-2001 09:05 PM
      In my view, the screen is not so much something you "need" to win, but rather something that helps those of us who play Civ for fun to get a feel of our empires.

You think I don't play Civ for fun? That's the only reason I play it! (And anyone who plays it for any other reason needs their head read!) It's because I don't want to spoil the fun that I don't waste time poring over dry-as-dust statistics!

(Er... just stirring a little, you know? )

Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
      Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

quote:

It's because I don't want to spoil the fun that I don't waste time poring over dry-as-dust statistics!

Well then, as long as we are talking about spoiling fun... Don't spoil it for the rest of us! Since it is not necessary to even open the window once, just don't do it if you don't like it! We like it, so leave it in for us!

If Firaxis doesn't put it in, it'll be all your fault Ikuul

------------------
        - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Definately.
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Yes keep it, but include all civs rankings not just your own.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by jglidewell on 04-06-2001 10:43 AM
              Yes keep it, but include all civs rankings not just your own.

Not all civs only civs you have an embassy whit (or whatever other way of spying there might be).
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cyclotron7 on 04-05-2001 11:39 PM
                If Firaxis doesn't put it in, it'll be all your fault Ikuul

Well, I'll be flattered if they take me that seriously (against all your opposition)!

Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
                Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

Well keep it, but...

Base the results only on other civs that you currently have an embassy with. Another reason to establish one.
                  [This message has been edited by My Wife Hates CIV (edited April 07, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV on 04-07-2001 03:32 AM
                    Well keep it, but...

Base the results only on other civs that you currently have an embassy with. Another reason to establish one.
                    [This message has been edited by My Wife Hates CIV (edited April 07, 2001).]

It is allways nice when people agree whit me
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Keep It!

I enjoy looking at the demographics screen, and for throne room lovers, it's a good way to gauge the next upgrade.
                      but then again, I listen to my high council, too...

I know there's a bunch of hardcores out there who don't look at the throne room, listen to the highcouncil or check their advisors. The never watch the wonder movies or spend time looking at their spaceship.
                      But I do. I think it's fun.
                      Don't like the heralds, though.
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I think this is one of the most original features in Civilisation
                        but I think a message window should pop up when your ranking changes
                        in one of the demographic statistics, to show when you've become most
                        productive for example.
                        Also why not have more stats in the demog. screen, like

Biggest metropolises -for having lots of large cities
                        Best infrastructure- for having good city improvements-banks,supermarkets,library/schools etc and road networks
                        Most popular Tourist destination-tourist industries are a big reveune earner
                        Best Movie Produced(well maybe not, but it would be fun)

I also think some kind of historical RECORDER is vital, to show the history
                        of your game at the end (game over).. as a text file maybe like civ1 had- I seem to remember.

Dragon/Admiral PJ
                        Peter J T
                        (my first post to this forum)

Comment

I think this is one of the most original features in Civilisation
                          but I think a message window should pop up when your ranking changes
                          in one of the demographic statistics, to show when you've become most
                          productive for example.
                          Also why not have more stats in the demog. screen, like

Biggest metropolises -for having lots of large cities
                          Best infrastructure- for having good city improvements-banks,supermarkets,library/schools etc and road networks
                          Most popular Tourist destination-tourist industries are a big reveune earner
                          Best Movie Produced(well maybe not, but it would be fun)

I also think some kind of historical RECORDER is vital, to show the history
                          of your game at the end (game over).. as a text file maybe like civ1 had- I seem to remember.

Dragon/Admiral PJ
                          Peter J T
                          (my first post to this forum)

Comment

Working...
                          X