No announcement yet.

Refusing hut offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like those options. Very realistic, and good for the game play as well.
    I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by colossus on 03-11-2001 10:22 PM
      To refine my point, I put it that way:

4)Scroll of ancient wisdom. A small window appears asking whether you want to have a free tech, but it doesn't tell you what tech it is. You can choose to accept or decline it.

I see why you suggested this, but the Civ 2 mechanic about research is silly: why research must slow down? In real world it went the opposite.

I understand the need to slow the Civ first in research, to bring up the challenge. In real world this happens because of more "share" of tech, tech "diffusion" or secret tech "leak".

If Firaxis will address that, and won't introduce any "mutually exclusive tech tree", you'll grab any free tech you can.

About city on the wrong place, if an immigration model will be added to Civ, you should be able to found another town in better place, then you'll see the people flow free from the town with less facilities and resources to the new, better place.
      Any unwanted hut-town will be left abandoned in ruin in less than a century.

Now, don't get me wrong: I appreciate your - easy to program - proposal.

I sometime think that we should look at problems from another perspective, just to see if we are putting a band aid where a small surgical operate would be better.

------------------
      Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
      X