Lincoln and Mao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln and Mao

I was looking at the new animations for these two leaders. it looks like it's just an indicator of their attitude toward you, like the civ2 heralds spears rattling.
    I am glad to be able to meet the leaders instead of their heralds, though.

I can just see people fine tuning their relationships so that they're "on the blink" when they see them. too funny
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

lol - you have a point there. How about the "blink" being not neccessarily happy or mad - just bored to death, ie, falling a sleep!

Comment

Nevertheless, I am very much happy to have the Face-to-Face diplomacy screen again. In this forum, many people expressed several times that they really regretted Civ I's atmosphere and Graphic ideas in Civ II. It's an indication that Sid had the same idea, now that we're having the replay and the diplomacy screen back! I mean, this is marvellous, just what I imagined on the part of enhanced civ-I like graphics and diplomacy! If only I could be sure that the game will work on my archaic machine...
      'We note that your primitive civil-^
      ization has not even discovered^
      $RPLC1. Do you care^
      to exchange knowledge with us?'^
      _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
      _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

I liked being ablre to so the leaders "cabinet" behind him when negotiating too. Hope they include that as well.
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I think that they're not going to have still frames within that range that was shown us to indicate mood. . people get the idea that one of the "moods" is them blinking. . of course not. the faces will appear animated the whole time, either happy or sad. . the faces MAY blink, whatever. they showed us the move from happy to mad all at once just to show us the range of expressions all at once since that was the best way to show us the range with the smallest file size.
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by connorkimbro on 03-04-2001 02:43 PM
            I think that they're not going to have still frames within that range that was shown us to indicate mood. . people get the idea that one of the "moods" is them blinking. . of course not. the faces will appear animated the whole time, either happy or sad. . the faces MAY blink, whatever. they showed us the move from happy to mad all at once just to show us the range of expressions all at once since that was the best way to show us the range with the smallest file size.

Correct, they will have a normal "idle" animation loop that you will see until you either make them happier or more angry.

Dan
            Firaxis Games, Inc.

Dan Magaha
            Firaxis Games, Inc.
            --------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X