Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documentation

It is probably too early for this, but it would be nice if the game came with quantitative documentation of relationships between various variables. This would save the mod community an enormous amount of time in testing these relationships out.

Maybe the such documentation needen't come with the game. It would be equally good to release it on the site after the game is released.
    Rome rules

I agree. Have it on the site. Then anyone who wants to know about it can access it. Maybe password protect it so that only registered users of the game can access it.

After all it affects how you play the game if you know how different things affect different things.
    I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

It would definately be nice to have documentation accessable online for CIV3. You know, Firaxis just might do that since I believe they (Firaxis) will have downloadable scenarios for CIV3...So just have the documentation in a flat file also on the server which could be made available to the CIV community.

Comment

quote:

...it would be nice if the game came with quantitative documentation of relationships between various variables...such documentation needen't come with the game
        Sure, I agree, good idea. I also concur that this info should not be included in the manual that comes in the Civ III box. I think breaking the game down into cold number-crunching in the manual would be a shame:

a) Because including it would destroy the initial 'magic' and 'mystery' of the game.

b) It might put those new to the genre off by making the game look like a glorified stat-juggling affair. Come to think of it, it would put me off, too.

So I think it would be best if Firaxis kept the bare-bones details of the game on their site, as has been already mentioned. Or in a file on the disk.

EDITED: Missed out an 'it'
        [This message has been edited by JosefGiven (edited March 03, 2001).]
        A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by wittlich on 03-04-2001 12:14 PM
          Well Prince Roman ... I see you have the Warlords support on your idea
          Anybody else have any insight in this outstanding suggestion?

**ROTLMAO**

Hail Warlords Airdrik, wittlich, JosefGiven and Nikolai! For your loyalty and support of the royal cause you shall each be given fiefdoms in the soon to be mine expanded kingdom. You shall also each be elevated to the title of Duke.

Anyway, more on the subject, maybe we should ask Firaxis directly to do this, but perhaps nearer the release date would be a better time.
          Rome rules

Comment

Well Prince Roman ... I see you have the Warlords support on your idea
            Anybody else have any insight in this outstanding suggestion?

Comment

This is a very good suggestion! But this information must be on the official site. I agree that this is the best solution.

------------------
              Who am I? What am I? Do we need Civ? Well....
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
              X