No announcement yet.

attn: DanQ/Firaxis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have Budgies in the Great White North, so I don't think they're just Australian. Although it might not be the same thing. A mickey up here is a small bottle that will fit in a back pocket or boot. That is not what it means in Oz...
    Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

From "the Adrenaline Vault"(link on Apolyton's civ3-site):

quote:

Infogrames has announced a tentative release date for what promises to be one of the most anticipated releases of 2001: Firaxis Games' Civilization III. According to an updated release list the publisher sent the Adrenaline Vault, the title is slated for Quarter 4 2001, in time for the Christmas shopping season. The promotional machine on this title should be fired up around E3, so watch for the first tangible details and images to start appearing in a few months.

I'm dreaming of a white christmas.....
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Nikolai on 02-18-2001 04:55 AM
        I'm dreaming of a white christmas.....
        dont mean to spoil your dreams, but what was the originally announced release date for smac?
        dont take these things for granted guys...

the best release date is "when it's done"!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dale on 02-15-2001 07:32 PM
          I'm sorry Dale, I don't understand ... what's a "budgie"??? Maybe it's an Australian thing, but it's Greek to me here in America

A budgerigar (sp.?) or budgie is a small bird that lots of Aussies keep as pets.

------------------
          - MKL ... "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
          Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
          [This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited February 18, 2001).]
          - mkl

Comment

A Budgie - an Australian house pet....how strange. Don't you have dogs and/or cats down there? Just kidding

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Changmai Beagle on 02-17-2001 10:43 PM
              We have Budgies in the Great White North, so I don't think they're just Australian. Although it might not be the same thing. A mickey up here is a small bottle that will fit in a back pocket or boot. That is not what it means in Oz...

So a mickey is a flask then? But what does a flask have to do with a small bird used as a house pet?

Comment

Isn't this thread supposed to be about the release date? Why are we talking about budgies and mickeys?

------------------
                "We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
                -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I think the budgie got into the mickey and that's why its flying around in circles. And they put calendars down instead of newspaper so when the budgie lands we'll know the next release date (assuming it lands before said date and actually on a calendar).

------------------
                  "Treat each day as if it were your last. Eventually, you'll be right."
                  Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
                  http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

And that's how we get back on track again! Thanks Boracks

Comment

Working...
                    X