Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ending of the war.

ending of the war.
    Unconditional treaties : which allow you to setup any government you choose in a unconditionally surrendered country. Example they could not construct a military for 200 year and had to pay a annuall fee. I think there should be different treaties to choose from. like Stalemate, Disarmerment, mutual assistance, pact, neutral zone, unconditional, or a specified amount of consecession, cities, money, technology, sphere of influence, or trade embargoes

I think this is an excellent idea, and I think we have reason to demand such diplomatic/strategic impovements from Civ III. In the website, they already talk about negotiating for cities, which gives me high hopes concerning more realism in warfare. In a battle, you're not always supposed to conquer; we should also be able to do different stuff with our defeated rivals.
    'We note that your primitive civil-^
    ization has not even discovered^
    $RPLC1. Do you care^
    to exchange knowledge with us?'^
    _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
    _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

Very good idea indeed. Imposing conditions on other civs would satisfy my hegemonistic longings.
      I think there is even some hope that Firaxis will implement this, as they stated diplomacy is one of their major areas of concern.
      Rome rules

Comment

I like it! Use the concept of reparations as a means of keeping your former enemies well under the thumb.

Perhaps another form of sanctions/penalties could take the form of a number of shields to be delivered to the nearest city you own by the subjugated empire, every turn for X turns. IE: payment in industrial goods!

------------------
        Josef Given
        josefgiven@hotmail.com
        A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

Working...
        X