Level of development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level of development

You shouldn't be aware about the scientific discoveries which does not correspond to your level of development. For example if you are in the bronze age you shouldn't know about how can "nuclear power" be developed. If somebody already discovered nuclear power you can steal the knowledge about it through diplomacy. But that's all.

quote:

Originally posted by Crustacian on 01-13-2001 12:34 PM
    I agree, and if you do not have some prerequisite techs you should not be able to steal some techs or therwise aquire them.
    Like say you want tanks real bad as a player. But your civ can not even refine fuel, combust it, or build autos yet. How can you just go and steal armor and start building tanks?

I allways wondered how you can have frigates without metalurgy, gunpowder and the cannon unit. And what gives our caravels a stronger attack factor without gun powder and metal for the odd cannon?

And land on a foreign shore and just hop on their rail system anytime you please. I have walked many times along RR tracks and did not benifit from the movement of a train. I love to do it, but it is still weird to land a big army on foreign land and benifit from RR movement bonus without even having to steal a train let alone enough trains to move all your stuff.

i completely agree, not to mention being able to move unlimited spaces on RR's.

Comment

I completely agree too.
      About enemy's road/RR/maglev :
      road work for everybody the same
      RR work in enemy teritory only after you control X tile
      Maglev the same but after a bigger X .
      That means that you capture trains, depos etc.
      For enemy's tile control I sugest the idea from The Operational Art of War : tile is under control of that civ who had the last unit there; one tile around the resting units.
      "Respect the gods, but have as little to do with them as possible." - Confucius
      "Give nothing to gods and expect nothing from them." - my motto

Comment

I agree, and if you do not have some prerequisite techs you should not be able to steal some techs or therwise aquire them.
        Like say you want tanks real bad as a player. But your civ can not even refine fuel, combust it, or build autos yet. How can you just go and steal armor and start building tanks?

I allways wondered how you can have frigates without metalurgy, gunpowder and the cannon unit. And what gives our caravels a stronger attack factor without gun powder and metal for the odd cannon?

And land on a foreign shore and just hop on their rail system anytime you please. I have walked many times along RR tracks and did not benifit from the movement of a train. I love to do it, but it is still weird to land a big army on foreign land and benifit from RR movement bonus without even having to steal a train let alone enough trains to move all your stuff.
        The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Working...
        X