Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Chronus on 01-02-2001 12:28 AM
    By all means, get Civ2MPG. The gameplay and simplicity just cannot be beat. It also includes some great scenarios that give it that "10 games in 1" feel.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on there. My hope is that you will not let the other civ-type games be your guide. I played them all to some degree except CTP2 and none of them, IMOHO, match up to Civ2MPG.

Well, I would add SMAC among the options. It is very similar to CIV2 and has extremilly good graphics. The history is also very good and diplomacy is innovative and gave a new standard to TBS games. I had great times playing it.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Nikolai on 12-30-2000 07:33 AM
      Freeciv is a free(of course ) civgame, mainly for alternate OS as Linux, BeOS etc. It is also in a Windows version, but that one is not well supported, since the Freeciv team(as far as I know) don't like it because of it's high price.

Freeciv can be found on www.freeciv.com

Hey - If M$ sends me a free copy of windows 2000 and implements a way to install it secondary to linux it may have a chance... nah
      http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

DP

[This message has been edited by Thue (edited January 06, 2001).]
        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Get civ2 if you wanna get a headstart on civ3. Meaning if you're competitive and want to use as little time as possible getting good at civ3.

Comment

Civ2MPG, with SMAC as runner-up. There's enough Civ2 scenarios on the Net to keep you occupied until Civ3 comes along.

Comment

I've given up on Civ3.

------------------
              No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)
              No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

I still play CIV2 and SMAC. I even have my wife hooked on CIV2.
                From what I have seen the only thing about CTP that is remotely enticing is the graphics. But snazzy graphics do not make up for poor game play.

So I will stick with CIV2 and SMAC for some time.

"My dear girl don't flatter
                yourself. What I did this evening
                was for king and country. You don't
                think it gave me any pleasure do you?

--- James Bond
                Read my SMAC fiction @ http://apolyton.net/forums/register.php?a=act&u=8338&i=978930000

Give your comments @ http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8530

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by UltraSonix on 01-07-2001 03:38 AM
                  I've given up on Civ3.

Why give up on civ3? from what i've seen and heard, it'll be the best TBS game ever.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by niteowl on 01-08-2001 01:35 AM
                    I still play CIV2 and SMAC. I even have my wife hooked on CIV2.

What was your secret?

About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                    X