Langoliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Langoliers

Was watching Stephen King's 'The Langoliers' and a thought occured to me. What if, every so once and awhile, a unit just vanished. Or got tranported to a distant land, or vanished but reappeared several turns later. Maybe one unit every 100 years or something like that.

"L33T Master must not eat 'scuzzy' things from trash. Not healthy. Give bad gas." - MegaTokyo
    "Horses can not be Astronaughts..." - A Servbot

You mean a form of "Bermuda Triangle"?

I think it would be too annoying.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

To minor.

It would also be incredible annoying.
      We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

I agree, it would make me so annoyed, I'd go crazy.

Comment

Similar events happened in SMAC. I hated it when I lost a valuable unit to a time warp.
          You only live twice; when you are born, and again when you look death in the face.

Comment

That sounds very wierd and annoying and would not really add to the game.

------------------
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

SMAC had something like this 'the dimensional portal' but things like that could happen in Civ III when they are in the mountains and 'disappear'

What is extremely eerie is I was watching 'The Langoliers' last night at exactly the same time you posted this... however I turned it off after the blind girl started screaming... within 10 minutes of its beginning...
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I would snap my Civ III disk in half if my transport fleet suddenly disappeared off the coast of the enemy continent.

Um....NO!
                "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Working...
                X