Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonders

Here a lost o' wonders I would like to see in civ3:
    Note: I dont know what all of these should do yet.

1. Taj Mahal
    2. Temple Square
    3. The Internet
    4. Colosseum
    5. The Pentagon
    6. The Kremlin
    7. Empire State Building
    8. Hollywood
    9. The Opera House
    10. Sistiene chapel (michaelangelos chapel)
    11. Golden Gate Bridge
    12. The Berlin Wall
    13. The Parthanon
    14. Washington Monument
    15. World Trade Center
    16. The Olympics

Now heres some new city improvements:

1. Grocery Store (Supermarket)
    2. Government Building
    3. Water Conservation
    4. Sea Port (port facility)
    5. Department Stores
    6. Restraunts
    7. PARKS!!!
    8. Smaller Monuments
    9. Business Buildings
    10. Warehouses (manufacturing plant)

Dont forget these cumulative health-related improvements:

- Bathhouse
    - Pharmacy
    - Hospital

Already existing health-related improvements is:

- Granary
    - Aqueduct
    - Sewer-systems

I keep my thumbs crossed for the health-parameter. The basic idea is that full health means that the foods-, shields-, coins- and lightbulbes-production continues problem-free, like in Civ-2. Beneath full health means that all those four areas suffers gradually and accordingly.

Comment

Diablo, you said we (settlers) repeat ideas? Many of those wonders were mentioned in the list

Comment

I tend to think wonders should not exist in Civ 3 or at least they shouldn't be first come/only serve. Wonders make for good game play, but to me don't represent reality. Why should one civ learn a civwide advance that no other civ can learn once they've learned it. If anything it's just the opposite in real life, once a civ learns something, ie womans sufferage, cure for cancer, or anything for that matter, it is MORE LIKELY to be copied by other societies. I guess I'm not against wonders I just don't think they should be first come/only serve but they should be first come/first serve. another problem with wonders as they are now is, they tend to turn the game into a wonder race as opposed to civ building. i'm sure people r gonna say thats part of civ building but i don't agree

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jer8m8 on 12-14-2000 04:19 PM
          Diablo, you said we (settlers) repeat ideas? Many of those wonders were mentioned in the list

Or in the "The big, big list of Wonders" thread ....

------------------
          If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

although it's true that you settlers often repeat things: so do we all sometimes and it's ok, as old discussions are brought back to our minds.

btw, i'm partially healed from OT corruption. hi again everyone!

Comment

Maybe some of the following would be nice additions.
              Ziggurat
              St Sophia
              Illiad
              Oddesey
              Hanging Gardens
              Eden Project- Future wonder from CtP, destroys all major polluting cities.

Comment

The Eden Project was a horrible wonder! Please Firaxis, don't include those wacky fantasy 'way-out-there' wonders like CTP did. I don't want any freaky alien DNA projects and mind controlling devices and sh*t like that. Give me the good ol' Pyramids and Apollo Program-type wonders. You know, wonders with substance behind them.
                [This message has been edited by Tical_2000 (edited December 16, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Tical_2000 on 12-16-2000 09:33 PM
                  Please Firaxis, don't include those wacky fantasy 'way-out-there' wonders like CTP did.

quote:

Give me the good ol' Pyramids and Apollo Program-type wonders. You know, wonders with substance behind them.

I really agree on this one. Bullseye!
                  [This message has been edited by Ralf (edited December 17, 2000).]

Comment

well said Tical and Ralf . Check out my posts/idea on DarkCloud's wonder thread. I was a bit harsh I guess...but it needed to be said!

------------------
                    Civilization Gaming Network Forums
                    ~ The Apolyton Yearbook
                    ~ The poster formerly known as "OrangeSfwr"
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                    X