Civ3 for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 for...

Civ3 for the fast-growing, now highly economical Operating System, Linux, would be in good working order. I mean hey, Maxis did it for SimCity 3000 (like Civ, one of the very best games of all time), so why not?

------------------
    JRH

In the past, all these types of question have been answered by a Firaxis person - and I'm sure sooner or later they'll answer this one as well - this is what they said to a Mac port of the game:

quote:

Originally posted by Jeffrey Morris FIRAXIS on 10-07-2000 01:37 PM
    We wouldn't do it in-house, so it's up to the publisher (as usual). There was a Mac version of SMAC but not one of SMG, so who knows.

Jeff

------------------
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

In all likelyhood they will not do it in Linux (cost-effectiveness and all)

The Railroad Tycoon Guys did 64 ports of their games for the mac and pc in just about 22 different languages; this is what I suppose that civ will do and thus It would be an amazing amount of work to port it to linux as well.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
      X