No announcement yet.

Goto Home City...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah! Even if some people don't like it, just leave it in, in case some do. (I personally don't really use it - the general goto is sufficient).

------------------
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

I'd use it more often if it were reliable. It will regulary leave the road or railroad and take off accross the mountains for some unknown reason. Also, I don't think a unit should prompt for user attention every time it comes in contact with a foreign civ. Perhaps have the option to prompt if your near a waring nation, but otherwise, more automation of the tedious is great.

I also cast my vote for a more a national support model. Perhaps this would depend on government type??

Comment

Don't know about the comments of the goto home - for me it worked quite well, in SMAC that is - sometimes the pathfinding was even good enough to pick the correct route (length 50+ tiles) even though my destination was only 6 or 7 tiles away, as-the-crow-flies.

------------------
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

I frequently use the Goto Home City command. I find it extremely useful for ships, but also often for land units; in SMAC I'll often send my defenders out to monoliths and then send them home on autopilot, or something.
          -------------
          Gordon S. McLeod
          October's Fools
          http://octobersfools.keenspace.com

Comment

Never use it. I think it's a little useless. If there is going to be some kind of GOTO command in Civ3, you should be able to designate a home square for any particular unit or group of units. For example, you may have an air base along the coast used for smashing your occasional enemy across the ocean. After each little brawl, it might be useful to have them return back to their "duty location."

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Chris Pine FIRAXIS on 05-26-2000 11:52 AM

I think it would be better to have a goto nearest city than home city, for repairing units and such. The regular goto command can be used for sending a unit to the home city.

Comment

I use it all the time cause i don't want to bother with moveing it every turn especialy if the destination is wicked far away

Comment

I use it a lot in the finall stages of the game, when I'm at peace with everybody and I have enough money to buy all they cities. After I buy one, I order all its units to return home in order to disband it and recive the shields from disbanding it.
                  In rest, I use Goto City.

Comment

Working...
                  X