Lack of updates... no news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of updates... no news?

I keep returning to Apolyton every day, hoping to see some new Civ3 info, but no news have shown themselves since mid-July... is there really nothing going on? Not even enough to interview one of the guys on the Civ3 team? Anything would be appreciated right now, even if it is only two lines of text...

Argh, I'm going crazy

Ahh, sorry, just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now, honest

------------------
    Viper
    viper@cnc.net.nz
    Command & Conquer NZ

I don't even think there is a real Civ3 team dedidcated to the game. At the moment, Firaxis is concentrating on that Dino game for EA. All I know is that since Brian Reynolds left, Sid Mier will take over as lead designer.
    "We should not go out and conquer the people, but give them no other choice in their minds but to be conquered." - Me

Comment

Private Viper:

You have to remember that Firaxis has stated that Dinosaurs will be released in the fourth quarter this year, and CivIII has been preliminarily slotted for a 2001 release. As such, there haven't been any developments on the CivIII front to report on in recent weeks.

When the CivIII team is ready to share with the gaming community what they are working on, we will report on it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DanQ on 08-30-2000 12:42 AM ... , and CivIII has been preliminarily slotted for a 2001 release

By whom? Is this official info from Firaxis?

Comment

I want and need some news, some screen shots would do

------------------
          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I just read my own post and it did sound a bit negative... well, just to straighten it out, I'm not complaining about ACS, I just want a tiny bit of info from Firaxis now and then

Anyways, catch you later guys (and girls, I've seen a couple of you around here )

------------------
            Viper
            viper@cnc.net.nz
            Command & Conquer NZ

Comment

Private Viper, you would save yourself a lot of frustration if you simply removed all thoughts of Civ III out of your mind. At the earliest it won't be released until Christmas next year, but a second quarter 2002 release is more likely.

Bkeela.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Remove all my thoughts of Civ3? Are you mad? That would remove my whole reason for sticking around, my whole meaning of life... what a horrible thought

Well, OK, maybe not that bad... but still, I think I'd have a hard time just forgetting it :P

------------------
                Viper
                viper@cnc.net.nz
                Command & Conquer NZ

Comment

Working...
                X