famine should create unhappiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• famine should create unhappiness

I think that famine should create a certain amount of unhappiness. After all, if people are dying of hunger, wouldn't the population get pretty angry at the government for the situation?
    So, I think it just makes sense to make famine be one of the factors that determines a city's unhappiness.

It's a small change but one that would make civ3 just a little bit more realistic and more interesting.

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Maybe unhappiness untended to will cause rebellion. As it stands, it seems riduculous to leave a city in disorder for centuries without anything happening.
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

How about if you have famine for 1 turn .5 people become unhappy and if famine continues for 5 turns 1 person becomes unhappy. Every increment of 5 would cause .5 people to become unhappy.

The .5 people is better explained in my Cities 0.1 post I believe.

However any questions are welcome.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Famines should definitely cause unhappiness, as stated above, but on a minor semi-related topic - once a city has been maxed out on its population (ie half the city's gone into entertainers), and the food supply is odd numbered - the last person in the town would only require one food to survive. I got tired of getting messages that my city was starving. Building a food caravan in this instance seemed to be trivial.

------------------
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Working...
        X